LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Justice (manager)     06 July 2013

Divorce notice

Dear Forum Member/Experts,


I have sended a divorce notice to my wifes place but still now her parents have not turned up to pick her up, she is staying although she is cooking food for her self iam taking outside, we are living in separate room also, i have my first heiring is on 25th july,

kindly suggest what to do or what not to do as she is not ready for MCD also




 7 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 July 2013

your query is confusing 

but one think is clear that you have send notice through court but they had not replied yet so send another time by taking permission from the court 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     06 July 2013

Mere serving the divorce notice does not bar the wife to desert the matrimonial home.  Till you get a valid divorce decree granted by the competent court, she has got every right to stay in matrimonial home and need not go to her parental home.

1 Like

Need Justice (manager)     06 July 2013

Dear Chandu sir thnks for the reply,

Dear Mahesh sir,

Iam saying that she dont want to have divorce thats why she is not going.

Need Justice (manager)     06 July 2013

Chandu sir,

Can you give me the suggestions what can i do as i have already served the notice to them via local court

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 July 2013

As it appears you have already filed the divorce petition, prove  the grounds with sufficient evidence and after your obtaining the divorce decree she can be asked to go away from your home.

1 Like

Shyam (Field Supervisor)     07 July 2013

It seems you have sent notice to your wife's parents! That is an useless procedure from legal point of view. You have to sent notice to your wife, not to her parents.

Also, you are living in the same house with your wife. So you will not be able to convince court to give you divorce. If your wife is not ready to leave house, then you should leave house to prove that you can not live with your wife.

Gather material evidence of all the cruelties she is inflicting upon you. If you are eating outside, collect evidence that you are eating outside. Hire a good lawyer, and prepare your case well.

1 Like

Need Justice (manager)     07 July 2013

Dear Shyam & Chandu Ji,

Thnx for ur prompt reply

Yes iam taking meal outside and we are not talking to each other also, living separatly in different rooms in the same house, i have few evidences in voice recording which shows the cruelity also & in our 7 month marraige we havent an intercourse that is the most important ground for me that my advocate has told to me, in voice recording so many things are there lyk she herself is saying she will not cook food for me, abusing my parents specially my mother, giving mental torture, not allowing me to sleep befor 2-3 am(mid night) continously for more more than a week etc.

Can these things helped me to prove cruelity happened to me.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register