IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Royan ( )     29 September 2011

Divorce - not yet reached


I have applied Divorce in Bangalore Family Court before 1 year back sep.2010 in the name of Cruelty and Dessertion. My wife is staying in chennai now. But the noticed is not yet reached, The endorsement copy says, "Insufficient Address", Second time I gave the new address and the old address. Both the address are Correct Address. But Still the notice is not yet reached..

I can't understand what's going on..?

Inbetween my wife filed Dowry Case and Domestic Violence act case... They are asking 10 lac. from me..

Please Let me know, what i have to do..?

Thanks and waiting for reply..


 10 Replies

Sameer12345 (SSE)     29 September 2011

Is there any FIR registered against you and/or your family?

1 Like

Royan ( )     29 September 2011

Still No Sir...

Sameer12345 (SSE)     29 September 2011


Actually You have mensioned what cases have been filed but details are still missing in ur thread. 

Are you Innocent, Dowry is demanded ever?

Are you ready to fight the case which takes years (2-5)?

Are you ready to give them money?

I would suggest try to negociate the amount and settle the matter outside the court. 

Royan ( )     29 September 2011

Hi Sir, Thanks for reply..

I'm ready to face the case, because the case is still going, every week i'm attending the 2 cases in chennai against me. My office is in Bangalore.

My wife she is asking 10 lac. finally they came for 5 lac.

I'm ready to give 1.5 lac. only  But they are not accepting for this..

What to do next ..?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 September 2011

Dear Royan

file an application for mediation in the court and finalize the matter

Royan ( )     29 September 2011


U mean, that mediater should be in Chennai court or Bangalore Court..?

Thanks & Regards

Gokulakrishnan (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT AND OTHER COURTS IN CHENNAI)     30 September 2011


I am a lawyer from Chennai and the practice your wife follows is also followed everywhere where clients are ill advised.


i have one of my client from Banglore who have suffered whatever you said and somehow by God's grace I was able to save him from criminal cases by approaching Madras high court which has granted stay for the criminal case alone.


As far as the divorce case is concerned he visits Chennai family court on week ends since he is an Software engineer and is peaceful now.


As your case is concerned ask your counsel to give paper publication in local newspaper as well as newspaper in Chennai. I can guide you if necessary.


Please feel free to seek advice at advgokul at gmail.com.


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 September 2011

Get Anticipatory Bail or atleast be in touch with a good advocate in Chennai.


Bangalore and Chennai both have vibrant Save Indian Family Chapters, get in touch with them




Shonee Kapoor





I see you not being properly advised/counselled. Not accepting legal notice is standard trick of opposite party - and there are standard responses to such tricks as well. If notice could not be served after a couple of tries - you can ask for publishing notice in paper - and this is pretty basic knowledge in law.


As shonee said above you should consult with like minded people, who will not only help you with present thing but will also equip you with knowledge to handle issues that may come in future.


Best of luck.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 October 2011

Also you can get notice served in the court where DV is running.




Shonee Kapoor


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query