Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakhi (Software )     23 September 2011

Divorce --next step what to do

Dear Learned members,

I have filed divorce suit against my husband and prior to that 498 A against my husband.Court has send summon to him for divorce suit and 3 months is going to complete for him to reply.

Meanwhile during this time his lawyer had asked for huge amount to settle the case since he is demanding that money.He has taken up with police and they are not releasing the charge sheet .I dont have any idea to go forward.I doubt my lawyer integrity too,since he was also very much involved in settling the case taking money and told me that there is possobiltiy of case being lingered for yrs .I was ready to do so,but it shud have been done in a format ,in pen and paper or else i would end up in losing everything.

My question to you members is that,3 months is going to complete,

1.shall the court send one more summon to him to reply or do i need to ask my lawywer to ask to court  for the reply of summon.

2.For charge sheet to be filed there shud be some procedure and norms to file.If the charge sheet has not been filed,but the case has been moved to court so there shud be some deadline for the court to start up the proceedings  ,as around 7 months have passed  when the case  has been forwarded to court.

Please please members,need your kind help and suggestion for this.

Learning

23 Replies

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     23 September 2011

if you are at or Mumai pl contact us.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     23 September 2011

1. No fresh notice shall be sent and court sue-moto shall struck off the defennce of respondent, if he fails to file his written statement within the stipulated time.

2. Unless the charge-sheet is filed, court cannot move ahead. You may move an application directing the police to file charge-sheet at the earliest.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 September 2011

Once summons is issued and he has already appeared thru., an advocate, cout wont send another notice to the respondent.  Court will give maximum opportunity to file an objections, inspite of it he didn't file then order will be passed by the Court  as " objections not filed".  Even after filing this order respondent can file an objections along with an IA to set aside the order no objection.

Your advocate can submit before the court to pass an on order objections not filed.

Without charge sheet court cannot proceed with the case. 

Thanks for all your response Sir....

I had a word with my advocate regarding the same earlier,and he had told me that they can take a month  or two months more time citing reasons on medical ground.But Im nt sure when he is supposed  to cite reasons.

Is it after 3 months he has to specify or if the court doesnt find any response from respondent they will send one more summon to him to cite reasons of not responding.Im not sure if my laywer is misleading me.

Moreover Sir,if "Objections not filed " is passed by the court then can the decree be given on the basis of that.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 September 2011

even if the court can strike down the defence, he can get it re-instated, by paying marginal cost.

Dear Members,

As mentioned by shonee, what i feel ...Is it a never ending process? There cannot be any conclusion to the order filed by court for "Objections not filed".

Please advice

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 September 2011

Rakhi,

The provisions do exist, but the lawyers are shy of using those provisions.

If summons are served, get the defence struck off. When he applies for re-instatement, ask for speedy disposal.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     24 September 2011

YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONE THE CAUSE OF YOUR DIVORCE.WHY YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE SETTLEMENT. YOU HAVE FILED THE CASE U/S-498A THEN YOUR HUSBAND REQUIRES TO BE SETTLED. LASTLY REGARDING THE DIVORCE CASE IF THE THE SUMMONS WILL NOT SERVED THRICE THE COURT HAS TO PROCEED TO EXPARTE. REST YOU CAN DISCUSS ME ON MAIL OR PHONE.

MAIL: CLA2009@REDIFFMAIL.COM

MOB:09236080877

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 September 2011

Shailendra,

Where 3 summon rule is listed

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     25 September 2011

DEAR SHONEE,

IT IS THE PROCEDURAL LAW.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 September 2011

if it is procedural Law, it should be in CPC/ CrPC. if so, under which section / Rule/ Order it is listed,

Regards,m

Shonee Kapoor

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     26 September 2011

PROCEDURAL LAW IS ACCORDING TO THE CUSTOMS/PRACTICE OF THE COURTS.

swagath (md)     27 September 2011

shonee as u hav said what are the provisions if objection is not filed under which sec of CPC application should be moved to pass exparty order or pls give ur cell no

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 September 2011

Order 8 Rule 1 of CPC states, that the defendent has to file a written statement in 30 days. However, the court can allow more time for filing written statement for reasons to be recorded., but such extention shall not be more than 90 days from the date of service of summons.

If the written statement is not filed within stipulated time, the Plaintiff can go for Striking Down the Defence under Order 8 Rule 10.

Now this is the procedure as laid down.

In practise, the court is least bothered to strike down the defence unless you file an application under Order 8, Rule 10. Once application for striking down defence is presented, the other party wakes up, and gets his write to file written statement re-instated by paying cost. In which case, the court forces them to file a Written Statement on the next hearing.

Yours truly has forced the other party to file Written Statement using this provision, when the other party was intentionally delaying the matter.

There are other delaying tactics as well in court of law, but there are effective ways to counter them.

Courts can not set their own procedures when procedural laws are there. You can actually request (force) the courts to follow procedural laws. But most lawyers would shy from this, because they don't want to antagonize the judges.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register