Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankar P (supervisor)     26 March 2015

Divorce legal notice-reply time

Dear Sir,

My Mother-in-law filed criminal Case FIR on me on 2-9-2014, and Currently my wife sent Legal notice through her counsel even though she is a lawyer.

Within How much time as per legally I need/get to reply?

What are the Procedure after I reply the legal notice ?

In which section the time limit and procedure for serving legal notice is mentioned?

Kindly Give me advice sir,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

Learning

13 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     26 March 2015

reply for depend upon the content of the notice,

if you not send reply notice she will file a case.

she is only aware of the notice.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion  ,Shri. Sheik sir,

Sir I need to know how  much time i have for the reply of notice as per legally.

Also the Notice served through mail only, it is also converted in some other fonts, but not understanding the contents,

So the Lawyer for her is sending through the post . still it is on the way.

Sir I want the time back up for my reply legally.

Another what is the procedure after i reply for the notice.

Also in which section it is mentioned

Kindly suggest me sir,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 March 2015

Dear Sir,

Kindly see your notice which u have received, the time limit would be mentioned there. As per as the time limit for sending reply is concerned would be counted from the date when u received the notice.....in ur case it would be started from the date when you received the notice t your mail address.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     26 March 2015

1) u have to reply within the time stipulated in legal notice 2) if u failed to reply case can be filed against u

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     26 March 2015

the legal notice says for some as a 7 days from date of receiving the notice or date of legal notice or 15 days, one month anything

and you have to reply each and every point raised in the notice and as per your query it may be some thing family related problem between you and your mother in law so as soon as you receive the notice meet a local lawyer and try to send the reply notice and even you send the reply they if want ot file the case they can and if you do not send the reply also they want to file they will file the case 

Thank you for all the LCI Experts for your Valuable suggestions.

Sir/Madam,

The Time limit is mentioned immediately only also it says that I have to give acceptance for divorce otherwise they will register complaint/case against me.

Kindly advise me sir that Reply immediately means in no time,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     26 March 2015

Reply to notice is your best opportune opportunity to rebut all her allegations or interpret her misunderstanding. This can be screeching brake to her scheming ,fantasy of womens cell, 498A, DV,DP etc

As regards to the timing of reply, a reasonable time should be okay as the notice is a lawyers  notice not from Court still and  to that effect your saga has not yet started.....Be prepared anyways for some smiles !!! 

Santosh Kumar (Advocate)     17 April 2015

There is no limitation to give Reply of a Legal Notice, you have already facing a Criminal Trail now nothing can go beyond this max to max she can only file Divorce case and Maintenance case under Sec. 125 CrPC for which you need not to worry. 

sankar P (supervisor)     17 April 2015

Thanks for your valuable suggestion and Precious time Shri.Charles sir & Shri. Santhosh sir

I already gave reply to that notice before 13 days back.

After seeking  advice and  suggestions of the LCI Legal Experts, I have the courage and I Personally give my reply to that.

Sir Still now no response from my wife or my wife lawyer.

Kindly advice me sir, In how many days they will register their complaint with my reply in the Hon'able court?

Because they are  simply delaying without any action

Many Thanks,

BEst REgards,

Shankar.

Santosh Kumar (Advocate)     18 April 2015

Its all depends on ur wife when she want to file case and what kind of guidance she will receive from her Lawyer but one thing is sure she will take time and after knowing the outcome of Criminal matter then she will file the said case. i think you are on bail right now....

sankar P (supervisor)     18 April 2015

Thanks for your valuable suggestion @ shri. santosh sir

My wife is also a lawyer. But she send notice with some other a group of 4 lawyers.

Of course, I  am in bail sir.

Also I  applied and got the High court direction to submit the Final report within 3 months from the Concerned Poilce.

Sir If she wants to file the said case after 3 months also?

Is it acceptable ?

Kindly guide me sir,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

sankar P (supervisor)     24 May 2015

Dear LCI Experts,

My Wife again re- replied my Reply notice yesterday (after 45 days of my reply to her legal notice)

On that notice she refused all my replies and told that i was committed mistakes and insist me to give Letter for accepting divorce.

Kindly guide me sir , in this stage what i should do?

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

shankar.

sankar P (supervisor)     26 May 2015

Dear Sir,

Kindly guide me the next step for the second notice of insiting divorce from my wife.

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shankar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register