LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr X (Proprietor)     23 February 2015

divorce information

Hi experts, I have been married for around 2 years now. However we both never got along with each other. In fact i caught my wife twice having multiple extra marital affairs. One of being with her cousin sister s hubby. Everytime i forgived her. This time i cannot take it anymore. Please note that in these two years we had almost no s*x life. This lack of interest was from my side as i neva found her attractive after marriage due to her attitiude towards my parents, me and life as overall. I want to file a divorce. On what grounds can i file divorce? Is she in a position to demand any kind of alimony? If yes how can i defend that. She s is a working woman and earns by herself. Also we do not have any kids. Kindly advice.


 5 Replies

Mr X (Proprietor)     23 February 2015

Missed to state that I' m from Mumbai

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     23 February 2015

file the divorce on the ground of mental cruelty as she had maintained her illicit relationship after marriage also, get collected her proof of working and her salary if unable to get proof her salary doesn't matter but must gathered her complete office address, if she is getting handsome salary then court will not grant her any maintenance.
1 Like

Mr X (Proprietor)     24 February 2015

thank you expert laxmikant joshi. do i have any benefits if we file divorce on a mutual consent? can she still demand for alimony? and btw she earns around 23,000 per month. is this salary considered by court as handsome?


thanks again for your time.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 February 2015

in my view going by divorce means mutual consent divorce is best and talk to her that already you told that you have caught her multiple times and it means adultery and demand her for it without any alimony you want tension free passage 

as even she will be blamed if you go on the ground of adultery maybe she has taken other route when she is not getting from you which is wrong 

consider for mutual consent divorce which is fast and she also will be interested 

1 Like

Mr X (Proprietor)     25 February 2015

thank you adv k mahesh. Shall talk to her on this..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register