LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya   17 May 2018

Divorce in which category?

Hi I have been married for 4 years to a person who is emotionally abusive. Even though he has never laid a hand on my but he is a big bully and very territorial. To put things in perspective he threatened to abandon me for just getting my hair cut. In addition, he recently fought and forcefully took locker keys from me where my streedhan was kept. On top of it my husband and my mother inlaw open the locker in my absence and dont let me access it. Plus my inlaws bought a house recently and he forcefully took 20 laks from me threatening me again with abandonment if I dont pay the dues. Also till now I have been bearing most of the household expenditure. I am not sure on what criteria I should file for the divorce. Also my inlaws live in a different city so where should I file for a divorce. Also, how long will it take for things to resolve? Will i be eligible for alimony and maintenence and if so how much would it be? I am really upset that i am thinking in this direction!

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.Shukla (advocate )     18 May 2018

first of all you must need to be strong, respect yourself,be confident and take a stand before taking any decision.stridhan belongs to you no body can use it except you.No body has right to bully you.If things still not work file a domestic violence case .hire a good lawyer.as you are working women alimony and maintenance could be a problem.

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   18 May 2018

Priya ji u can file a divorce case on cruelty grounds u/Sec. 13 Hindu Marriage Act...also file a DV case too.

For further queries u may email me at: basu_kunal@hotmail.com. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register