LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi (IT)     27 August 2014

Divorce in adultery


In 2012 I secretly married a girl in arya samaj mandir. I did sign some papers for the formality of the marriage and have the certificate from the mandir too and can get duplicate certificate from them too. Its been 2 and half years. We had our ups and down. We kept the marriage secret, lived together and focused on our career.

3-4 months back we were financially very stable and wanted to get married with parents consent too. In first interaction our parents refused. Due to which, the girl planned to leave me. She first found another guy, who was her old friend, and then intentionally had brawl for no reason at home and eventually calls police on charges of domestic violence on me.  (Phone call logs , and email communication i have)

Within one month she is holidaying with her new boyfriend in GOA. I tried to convince her to come back, but she refused. 1 month later she comes back just to get her major operation done and then she left again with that guy.

Now I want to get rid of this girl completly, as i fear she will come again and yes, punish her for the mistakes.

Can someone guide me the procedure to file a divorce case under adultery.

I am from bangalore.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 August 2014

File a divorce petition on the ground of adultery in the family court

Rajiv Chauhan (Advocate) (Advocate (Shimla) 7833999000)     27 August 2014

File a divorce petition. If you have Evidence then only you will get relief from the court and it is not so easy. So my advice shall be that you engage a lawyer and discuss you problem.

Abhi (IT)     27 August 2014

Hi , 

I have all the evidence.

1.Phone bill which has all the call logs and evidence. 

2. She was living with me for last 2 and half years. 

3. Marriage duplicate certificate can be obtained again from the Arya samaj mandir. 

4. Their photographs and tickets of going on holiday is also their. 

Now question 
1. how much will it cost 

2. how many days or months it will take.

3. how should i approach it.



Sidney Marshal (Engineer)     27 August 2014

I am not sure as all the evidences you are giving are enough as I am not an advocate. But i know one thing for certain  after reading lot of articles posted here. That to get divorce on bases of adultery is very hard as solid evidences of adultary would be required which is not possible. I think Cruelity and Dissertion is something many of them are suggesting to go ahead with. Photographs and tickets of going on holiday would only prove a friendly relation between then and would in any way not give any evidences of adultery.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads