LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajit Sinha (Professional)     28 November 2012

Divorce help required

Hello Members,

Thanks for running such a nice forum.

My wife went to her home for delivery 8 months back and delivered a child 5 months back since than she has'nt come back home even me asking so many times instead she is saying she need divorce.  Even now she has changed her number also . And she is just keeping quiet now and doing nothing.

Even now i also feel if she is not interested than no point in carrying this relation forward.

Please suggest what steps i can take to get a divorce from her?


 5 Replies

Vijyant Nigam (09807349001) (Advocate)     28 November 2012

please be fair and specific in  query with regard to who want divorce, you or your wife?

its not compulsory that if your wife wants divorce then you also find the way to get divorce. first try to reconcile your relationship as its not remain only your life. a new person entered into both of your life and that's your child.

i suggest to first try to talk to her and her family members through your family and if they not agree to reconcile then you should file petition for restitution of cojugal rights before your concerned Family Court.

for more suggestion you can ask me personally.

with best wishes


Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     28 November 2012

well i agreeto nigam , you have to clarify that what does u want if u want your wife to your house you can file a case for the restitution of conjungal right and if u bith wants the divoerce than move for a divoerce case. but i would suggest that since you bith have got a baby also in your life so u should try for reconcilation if that fails than go for the restituition case..




Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     28 November 2012

I also strongly stand with my learned friends Nigam and Ratnesh and expect from you a mature decision.

Karthik (Executive)     29 November 2012

hello, 2 years before i got married; as usual like few other womens the symptoms in this weblink was seen by me with my wife; https://498afighthard.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/warning-signs-of-an-abusive-personality-and-future-498a/ when first year is going to end there was a problem created by her; she had a wrong relationship with other person - which is our neighbour; we spoke to them and understood that she herself made a mistake and agreed while we were speaking everyone with our and her family members; but when the incident happened we thought its girls life and we sent her to her mom's place; becuase i am completely had mis believe after that incident happend. She asked me sorry intially but i since i was upset with ther behavior i did not reply anyting to her, from that time for 4 months no calls from her; we thought some one from her family or she would come and meet us, instead they had filed a case in her native police station saying we are pressurizing her for dowry, (sad part is we did not asked any thing for dowry and even i have not seen); i could not forget all the problems and taurchers which she had created to me hence i told in police station that i cannot accept her again; later after the counselling in the ladies police station; they had asked me to give on chance; even my parents told the same becoz its a girl life; i put my all effort to forget all the past and gave her a chance and took her back with me. 

i thought my life will go smooth after this, also i changed my hosue; but she started creating problems again to me aslike in this link https://498afighthard.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/warning-signs-of-an-abusive-personality-and-future-498a/ - i am totally depressed on those situations since from january this year till 2 months before; she went to her native twice from january till 2 months before and stayed there for almost 2 months; whenever she goes to her native she is creating more problems to me; 1st time she told me that she is not having child the reason is me, i have proved that too by consulting a doctor; 2nd time she told me that you are not a man i am not getting satisfied with you (till she started creating this problem we dont have any problems in our s*x life on this thing she did not spoke anyting about it); she also always use to tell me that i want to go away with you and need divorece, i made her convince many times and also told her not to speak like this; but she never accepted my words; i made my decision strongly this time to get out of her ;

So i have logged a case in court against her based on cruelty; once i filed the case the same day she had also given an complaint about me in police station false about me and my family that we are pressurizing her for more dowry; 

I had told already in the Police station that the statements prvoided about me by her are false, and i dont need counselling and dont have anyting to talk; but they have called again for counselling; my decision would be the same which is not going to accept her; becoz i am not at all happy 

However i would really wanted to know; can they file a case FIR against me in police station based on my wife petition?

Also please advise how can i get divorce ? Thanks for everyone answers and help in advance.

Regards, Deena

Ajit Sinha (Professional)     29 November 2012


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register