LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   27 January 2016

Divorce help please

I got married a year back and my wife is very abusive . she use to even call my superiors in my office and abuse me  and let them know some key information that could scuttle my career. she filed a police complaint for asking her to stay along with my parents and made  false allegations that I am demading Car as  dowry. She also got the jewels that was offered intially during  marriage in the police station .However, the police inspector discarded the complaint as she didn't find any convincing evidence during investigation.After a few months, she went very apolgetic and we started to live together after getting a written confirmation from her(in the police station), that  we never demanded any dowry. However, she started to show her true colours again and I want to file a divorce.
    1. Do i have enough grounds for filing a divorce? if yes what are they?
    2. The CSR intially filed still seems to be active. Is there any chance that they can convert into an FIR by moving to the High Court?

Please provide your expert advice.

Learning

4 Replies

kumar B Kumar (service)     27 January 2016

U can simply file a divoce case do not worry . And show that your wife is educated and can earn. So live the remaining life without wife. And live ur life make your career.

kumar B Kumar (service)     27 January 2016

U can simply file a divoce case do not worry . And show that your wife is educated and can earn. So live the remaining life without wife. And live ur life make your career.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 January 2016

You have good divorce case on the ground of cruelty. The Complaint made by her and her admission that you never demanded dowry etc. is good enough ground where her act will be held as defamatory and sufficient enough to prove act of mental cruelty for allowing you dissolution of marriage by decree of divorce.

The FIR that was not registered cannot now be registered as she has made admission in the Police station in written form that no dowry act was demanded by you and even if she makes fresh allegations of cruelty etc. against you it will be very difficult for her to convince the Police authorities and even court for registering the FIR on her fresh complaint unless there exists sufficient evidence to prove her allegations. It shall not be mere words now that will help her FIR registered.

Anonymous   28 January 2016

Thank you sir for answering the question. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register