LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay   09 November 2016

Divorce help, location bhopal/mp

Having a general query. I got engaged/married in July this year, under family/parents pressure, have had disliked/opposed it, this can be comprehended in marriage photos/videos, I am never seen at peace. But my parents and girls parents/relatives didn't avert this marriage and it happened at Bhopal, one of worst thing in my life. Parents told me family is well-known and her parents/family is very nice, genuine people etc.

Problem is that girl and her father is mentally unstable, even her college-going brother committed suicide, that we come to know now. Her father sent me many dirty sms in AUGUST that all I have saved and girl has spoken to me badly twice. Whenever she talks to me, I feel very much irritating. She is MBA educated from some C grade college but living her life at home, eats ice-cream, chicken, watches TV and sleeps. This is her routine. However, I wanted intellectual wife, who would be good-communication and compassionate towards me. I am purely vegetarian and ever ate egg as well in life.

This marriage is never consummated, we both are not able to compromise any agreement and we both are almost willing to end this bond. Girl is totally influenced by parents and blindly does whatever they say. It won't be possible to live together under same roof.

Now mentioned above all is the condition, wants to know, is it possible to solve this problem out of court  agreement or by easy court procedure. Personally, I never appreciate Indian constitutional laws, when marriage is a social procedure and not a legal procedure, then why anyone is obliged to law. Only Indian constitutional laws puts nice people into problems and even sometimes turns nice people into criminals.

Learning

13 Replies

Ajay   09 November 2016

July and August, her father threatened that he can penalize me and my entire family under dowry section of IPC.Now November, yesterday her daughter called and said that she may claim for half of whatever I had earned/own and half of all my future monthly salary earnings.

Her father has talked (phone) to me only twice, once after engagement and once after marriage and her mother has talked (phone) only once on my birthday. I have call-time/duration of their phone calls in my postpaid phone logs. Also having whatsapp chat logs of the girl.

+ When I argued, strange that they are non-communicative, my parents clarified her father is really gentleman and don't want to engage talks with children, only fixes things with elders. His son has recently fallen and died from terrace, so is he less talkative. Later we found it was a suicide case.
+ When I argued, she is non-veg, my and her parents clarified, she agreed/promised for a vegetarian food habits.
+ When I argued, girl isn't qualified/professional as I aspired, my parents clarified she would manange household dedicatedly. Later we found she is lazy and clumsy.
+ When I argued (after engagement 1-7-2016), I don't want marriage (9-7-2016), all of them asserted that cards are distributed, relatives are invited, it would be gross evil, disreputable and family-shame to cancel the wedding functions.

Overall they all (includes my parents) collectively scapegoated me and finally I have to painfully stand up for my rights. That's why this post.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2016

You have posted that;

"we both are almost willing to end this bond."

MCD is the route.

You are married for only 4 months.

Supreme court alone can pass decree of divorce by mutual consent without waiting for the statutory period of six months.

Record all calls, threats.

You have posted that;

"July and August, her father threatened that he can penalize me and my entire family under dowry section of IPC.Now November, yesterday her daughter called and said that she may claim for half of whatever I had earned/own and half of all my future monthly salary earnings."

It is contradiction to your post that:

"we both are almost willing to end this bond."

(Guest)
You should have told all these specification before marriage. Not now. Your assumption of talkative intellectual girl and dumb non talkative, cow type girl (don't mistake me, saadhu type) or bindaas type girl are all your assumption. In reality all girls are the same, they appear different, but they are all the same. Billionaire or jhopad patti, both don't make any kind of taratamya ever when they file case on u, 498a, DV, maintenance etc. Effect of those cases will also be the same.. Even if ur billionaire or sadak chaap. There are no grounds for marriage breakdown, court won't give you divorce. If ur a billionaire matrimonial cases will make u sadak chaap. If you are sadak chaap don't ever bother yourself about taking divorce. Simply bajao. Remember all models are d same. Just continue with marriage. All the best. Ah if ur zillionaire, then take MCD.

(Guest)
You should have told all these specification before marriage. Not now. Your assumption of talkative intellectual girl and dumb non talkative, cow type girl (don't mistake me, saadhu type) or bindaas type girl are all your assumption. In reality all girls are the same, they appear different, but they are all the same. Billionaire or jhopad patti, both don't make any kind of taratamya ever when they file case on u, 498a, DV, maintenance etc. Effect of those cases will also be the same.. Even if ur billionaire or sadak chaap. There are no grounds for marriage breakdown, court won't give you divorce. If ur a billionaire matrimonial cases will make u sadak chaap. If you are sadak chaap don't ever bother yourself about taking divorce. Simply bajao. Remember all models are d same. Just continue with marriage. All the best. Ah if ur zillionaire, then take MCD.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 November 2016

Keep the romance alive. Find happiness simply being in the presence of one another. As the years go by, build shared experiences and find ways to add spice to your life. Never take the relationship for granted.Once marriage happens in front of Agni sakshi (fire presence as evidence of God), it will be longer life for 7 generations of life cycle. 

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     09 November 2016

Try to get amicable settlement and continue life.

If possible; try to mange and avoid complications.

Or MCD

If separation is unavoidable and you have been threatened approach a very able counsel specializing in family matters in advance ASAP and learn to defend and build irrefutable evidence.

Non consummation of marriage is valid ground for divorce.

But be prepared for counterblast from wife and in laws.

Ajay   09 November 2016

Thanks "Kumar Doab" for compassionate replies and understanding my situation. Never consummated condition will be evident by sms logs and whatsapp logs, if court considers it.

I am totally self-made in life and professionally very much successful, perhaps that's why they all want to tap advantages from me. Well my parents have put me in troubles multiple times in life and everytime I have had individually solved. But now this legal problem is out of my self-capability. More to that, I will be having "divorced" social mark of blame whole life. Only option I had was to run out, disappear out of that wedding function, constantly thought of it, but have had not done that.

It is weird, her father has talked (phone) to me only twice till now and communicates all things only to my father that also very rarely. Last month, he has also arranged a phone call from DCP friend to my father, though that policeman has retreated (may be temporarily), after hearing my family's explanation.

A month past, I have asked girl to provide comprehensive written explanation for what she and her father has communicated to me and accept their mistakes in written. This is my first re-consideration point, but they are unwillingly to write anything. I am determined not to compromise in absense of this fulfilment, even if have to live life entirely alone or die alone.

The strong willed person are able to resolve thier matters with their firm resolve.

Keep a local counsel of unshakable integrity by your side.

LCI expert Mr. Shonee Kapoor has started an initiative and himself has been a success story.

He has well nourished blogs.

You can benfit from his counsel.

Ajay   09 November 2016

Thanks, latest she called me yesterday and I told to please provide list of things, money etc. she and her family wants from me. Else if wants to resolve, start with written apology/explanation for bad communication, behaviour of theirs.

Engagement date was 1st July, marriage was 9th July (Bhopal) and another reception at Raipur, 15th July. Her father is Assistant Commissoner Sales Tax and got family-references to my parents at Bhopal. My mother wanted homely girl and pressurized me for this thing whole life. All working girl who seen wearing modern clothes in photos or whose parents initiate communicate via me, my parents use to reject that alliances.

They have wrongly communicated that they are a vegetarian family and concealed that their 21 year son existed and committed suicide. They already have good money and they shouldn't eye for my personal wealth. Marriage expense was minimal and only thing they have given is a Titan wrist watch, a gold chain and a engagement ring. Not mentioning, what all we have purchased for the girl.

I am 35 and that girl is aged 30, I will be communicating further via PM, once gets further communication from that Raipurian family. Thanks for listening to me.

LCI expert Mr. Shonee Kapoor is expert in such matters and counsel you very well.

You can benefit from his counsel.

You can benefit from counsel of your local counsel.

A walk alone (-)     14 November 2016

Your basic problem is you married in force of your parents. You don't like her from first day. Brother marriage is all about adjustment. Once you got married she belongs to you. Whatever she eat drink don't matter. Every person has different taste or like. Food habbits can change by your love towards her. One step of yours for divorce will make your life hell for decades. Once you move in court she will file false cases against you 498a or dv. You will spend several years in roaming court wasting money on lawyers. Better try reconcile if it fails go MCD. Next time better get married with your own choice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register