LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopi (Programmer Analyst)     25 April 2012

Divorce help


   My wife filed divorce petition on me under cruelty and adultery. We lived together for only 4 months. I live in USA for past 6 years. In Sep 2010 i got married in India and we both came to USA. Feb 2011 wife leave to India and in Dec 2011, she filed divorce petition under cruelty , adultery and also some false allegations. I have enough evidence to prove all these ones were false.

I also filed divorce petition here in USA. Wife contested my USA divorce here. Process is going on here.

My question is, with my USA divorce and proof of showing i didn't do any cruelty , adultery and false allegations , will i will be able to get divorce in India easily. how long will take in India. Please help me out



 10 Replies

sri (ceo)     25 April 2012

its clearly money she is eyeing... you have part your some of your earnings...

nothing much can be done indian judiciary... as it biased towards women...

i would suggest to fix her in US for cheating, robbery or whatever even for funny single dollar rob... because you are going to taste things like 498a dowry harassment cruelty...

got a chance... go for it... lucky go.. pi..

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     25 April 2012

If the allegations against you are false, then you can contest the case and disprove the allegations as you mentioned that you have enough evidence with you.

If the decision in USA court is in your favour, you can produce a certified copy of the same to the Indian court for reference.  I will be advantageous even though the court will not rely on this.


Dear sir,

Kindly feel free to speak to me on 9842197857 for getting proper legal advice in your case.

sri (ceo)     25 April 2012


instead of your photo put your mobile no... website contact... its easy...


Dear Gopi,

Divorce laws are entirely different in India and USA.I don't think it will be of any use here.I have a feeling you are supressing some facts,as your query is not clear.

sri (ceo)     26 April 2012

gopi listen to me...

fix her in us... a simple email mischief has put a guy into 9 years jail...

this is not possible in india...

in uae 17 indians killed one arab... their courts want to hang all 17 of them...

this is not possible in india...

Gopi (Programmer Analyst)     27 April 2012


 Thanks for your help. What kind of case I can put on my wife here in US. She already in India more than a year now.


Dear Gopi,

Now that your wife won't return back to US,If you want to proceed legally against her ,you have to do it in India only.

sri (ceo)     27 April 2012

think... think... think...go...

has she picked anything from your house... put theft case...

has she operated your bank accounts... put cheating case...

has she used your credit cards for her purchase... put her...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads