LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RahRamJosh (Software Consultant)     06 May 2011

Divorce Help !

Hi, I am a NRI and married tro an Indian wife since 8 months. Everything was fine until  about a month. However problems erupted since then and relationship was not cordial. Currently my wife has flown back to India but sheshe thretened me with Divorce while leaving. I tried a lot to persuade her but she just flew back. I contacted her parents and they have erupted on me declaring I am the cause of all problems. I do understand mistakes happen both ways but I never imagined that things would go to divorce. My parents never interfered in our marital life. They were in India. Now my wife and her parents have gone berserk and are threatening me. They know that their daughter was wrong but are supporting her insterad of admitting their mistakes. I came to know that she is in the process of filing divorce. What should I do ? I need to save this marriage.......I tried hard to settle but in vain. Can somebody guide me ??????????????

Learning

13 Replies

Can someone help me out ?

**Victim** (job)     06 May 2011

@ Ash i am also victim of same as you are one thing i would like to advise you is do not fly to india until this is done............she might file fake 498(a) & DV against you.........if they are threatening you then definately they are going to file Crpc 125 against you.......it won't be divorce petition infact she will claim maintenance ! So be careful before you fly india....do not go by her words.....trust me bro i have learned this harder way

1 Like

Thanks for your post Victim.

They are threatening me that I am the cause of all problems and that I should sort out these problems.

However they are so adamant that they do not talk with respect do not pick up calls instantly. I am trying my best to keepup with marriage. I fail to understand why are they not botered about our Indian society and things getting difficult for their daughter after divorce. ?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 May 2011

@ Author

1. Just give her and her family some space. If they want to send their daughter to you , they will do so. If they want their daughter to teach you a lesten they will do that too. You can stop them unless you show your bank balance which is other matter.

2. Just keep sending her some money regularly for her upkeep. Send her also a regd. A/d letter to come back to matrimonial home without any emotional paras but a simple command letter from a husband written to a wife !

3. Indian marriages are no more sacred and for up keep for decades, the sooner you learn these the faster you will concentrate on your work and look after yoru parents.

Rest choice is yours as there is nothing legal in your questions to make a detailed step by step reply.

2 Like

@ Ash if you want to save your marriage please follow experts advise here they are here to advise you but choice is yours..........if you are thinking to fight this case then try to collect as much as evidence to prove yourself that you have not neglected your wife it was her decision to do so.............when it comes to execution in U.S. "YOU ARE SAFE" there is no way they are going to harm you in U.S. unless you fly india.....burden lies on your wife if she files Crpc 125 against you.....so make sure remember do not ask you parents or brothers or sisters to fly india until this is wrapped up..........trust me it's all about money !

@ Ash wonderful advise given by Tajobsindia..........if you want you can do so.........." Indian marriages are no more sacred and for up keep for decades, the sooner you learn these the faster you will concentrate on your work and look after your parents"

Thanks a lot TajobsIndia and Victim for you advise. I will first try to make efforts to save my marriage. If it does'nt work then I have no option but to fight. I have now asked my brothers family not to fly to India and will take that precaution. 

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 May 2011

that I am the cause of all problems    ---   what  is the problem according to them?

if you want to save your marriage, file a rcr through your lawyer and do not  come india as suggested by mr victim.

2 Like

RahRamJosh (Software Consultant)     10 May 2011

To my horror, divorce petition served.............................Looks like things have taken ugly turn !

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     10 May 2011

Please send your email ID and join many others facing similar problems.

RahRamJosh (Software Consultant)     11 May 2011

Can someone guide me pls a way forward to come out of this mess ?

Krishnan Ravichandran (Manager - properties)     12 May 2011

Friend, file a RCR and as other friends suggested in the forum try to collect all evidences first and fast....

then approach a lawyer locally to file...since you are interested in only saving the marriage life...

give a try...otherwise you will be the victim of 498a and 125crpc..lots of friends in the forum take

expert advice...

stylistperson (Director)     17 May 2011

Hi Sorry abt late reply. As every one said here. you have to wait.

Keep continue with correspondence, communication & money sending : Yes Do that to keep your side positive to save your marriage life.

Second, you can not stop her what she wish to do either to live with you or not.

Third you haven't mentioned reason of leaving and she threat you for divorce?

Of course, if she will take any legal action, misuse of 498a will be her first step. That way she can punish you and also earn some money at least end of the relation in court.

If you wish to keep the relation at any cost, then use your good bank balance and show you are strong financially.

Other than that, wait an watch. It may be long journey so rabit get tired but turtle keep walking.

Keep in touch with 498.org and there are some links in my previous forum, how & where to fight against misuse of 498a. they will be lot helpful I guess.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register