LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar sahu   19 May 2018

Divorce - handicapped

My friend is disabled by one leg and his wife has ran away with another person and they both had a baby of 3 years old.
Her wife has left the 3 year baby too.
she has confirmed she will never again come back but she is asking for the baby.
But my friend dont want to leave her baby.
And when we are proposing for divorce she is not even ready for that.
How can we sort this out

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : sagar sahu
My friend is disabled by one leg and his wife has ran away with another person and they both had a baby of 3 years old.Her wife has left the 3 year baby too.she has confirmed she will never again come back but she is asking for the baby.But my friend dont want to leave her baby.And when we are proposing for divorce she is not even ready for that.How can we sort this out

If she writes and give that she wont claim alimony in future either for her and the baby give the baby, anyway you are handicap? You can beg in busstand rail station but why the baby should beg along with you? If the mother wants let her take it and take care of it.
And let your wife give mutual divorce and go permanently.

sagar sahu   19 May 2018

but my friend is a government school teacher and h earns well

sagar sahu   19 May 2018

so can he get the rights of her baby

Krishna   19 May 2018

Stupid Ramoji again, begging for clients and selling tea at courts. Non sense advice

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     19 May 2018

Originally posted by : sagar sahu

My friend is disabled by one leg and his wife has ran away with another person and they both had a baby of 3 years old.Her wife has left the 3 year baby too.she has confirmed she will never again come back but she is asking for the baby.But my friend dont want to leave her baby.And when we are proposing for divorce she is not even ready for that.How can we sort this out

Sir, if your friends want to live with her wife then please ask him to file restitution of conjugal rights U/S 9 of Hindu Marriage Act, 

And if your friends do not wish to live with her then he can file Divorce petition on the ground of cruelty and Adultery U/S 13(ia) , along with that he can also claim maintenance U/S 24 of H.M.A  from her wife as she is physically capable of working, 
In H.M.A also he can ask for the custody of the child(only if he wants)

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register