Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar Gupta   23 April 2017

Divorce guidance

I got married in early part of 2005.  Everything was fine until 2013 except mild issue which every married life has. Then in the beginning of 2014, my wife behavior/attitude changed towards me.  This is basically from job profile she is in.  She is doing good in her job and this has now build her ego.  In 2014, we had some verbal altercation.  This is the first time we had some altercation, but since beginning she stopped talking to me and same attitude remained till date.  In 2014, she said that she will not keep any form of relation with me both verbal/physical and now after waiting for 3 plus years I feel that she will remain the same in future also.  My all persuasions have failed.  When I asked how to move forward, she is willing to give divorce but demanding huge amount like 30 L plus 20 kmaintenance monthly even though she is working. I have one kid of approx 9 years of age.  I am not getting any help from her family side.  I reside in parental accommodation along her and a kid.  Please guide me what to do. 

  1. Is divorce is option and if yes then on what grounds. 
  2. Shall I file for divorce first?? 


 5 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     23 April 2017

If wife is earning she cant get monthly mai tanance And you are eager for maragie yoy have to give elimony Keep calm for some time and let ur wife ask for divorce then you will not have to pay amy thing

marriedman   23 April 2017

I got married 2.5 years back... till now me and my wife did not have any s*xual relationship because she doesn't want to have s*x... now we r seperated for 1 year due to fight, the reason for fight is she wants to go for a job... and I wanted to get divorce... under wat condition can I file for divorce and how the rules is now under this condition... Im having a 5% knowledge under consummation law... can any one help me

A walk alone (-)     24 April 2017

@anil, do you think divorce is solution? No brother divorce is itself problem. You will file one divorce , she will file whole matrimonial package on you. It will spoil your child life. A child need both mother and father to grow up. It will make you roam court for decade. Better take help of marriage counselor. He will suggest better way to solve problem. Marriage problem can never solve in court. Marriage problems should solve within four walls or through marriage counselor.

Anil Kumar Gupta   24 April 2017

Thanks for writing in. I know this and I have been waiting from the 3-1/2 years and tried to settle these issues myself through a peaceful dialogue, but nothing help. She herself is mentally prepared and motivated to move ahead out of relationship. Either she has made alternative arrangement or will make alternative arrangement. Financially she is doing good and is not dependent on me. Regarding child, she does not allow the child to come to me and child comes to me in her absence. Regarding matrimonial expenses, I have done a very simple marriage, only 15-20 members of my family had gone there. Now after I failed myself to revive the relationship at least court will send us to counseling or will take some initiative to revive the relation, so I am hoping something positive will come out of that, otherwise in reality relationship is already dead, marriage exit only on paper. For child I am here today and tomorrow but if child grows in a fractured relationship that will do no good to him. Right now it is better if he lives either with myself or with herself that will be more positive living rather growing up in a broken relation where parents are fighting with each other always

Anil Kumar Gupta   25 April 2017

Dear Lawyers/Friends


I would appreciate if you provide your valuable input.  Thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register