Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kruthi   16 August 2015

Divorce from nri husband

Hi , 

I live in Bangalore. Got married to an NRI in Feb 2014, currently lives in Texas, USA. He and his mom lied about his income, job etc and used to harass/manhandle me. Lived in India with me for around 3 months after marriage and left me abandonned. I dont have Visa now. Neither I am able to contact him. All I have is just a Marriage certificate , photos and his passport number. I lodged a complaint in NCW in last october and they have transfered it to Bangalore. Can any lawyer assist me how to deal further with this? I want to take divorce.

Many thanks,

Kruthi

Learning

4 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     16 August 2015

@Kruthi - Sorry for your situation. 

Job and income are not major things for divorce?

Okay why did he man handle you. Are they expecting any dowry???

Did you talk with elders and was there any mediation??

The reason for my asking is if you go for a contested case it might take few years...and lot of your time and money is wasted.

MCD is the best option. Check if somebody can talk to them and see how it goes..

In MCD - 6 months to 1 year both are free...

SuperHero (Manager)     16 August 2015

@Kruthi - Sorry for your situation. 

Job and income are not major things for divorce.

Okay why did he man handle you. Are they expecting any dowry???

Did you talk with elders and was there any mediation??

The reason for my asking is if you go for a contested case it might take few years...and lot of your time and money is wasted.

MCD is the best option. Check if somebody can talk to them and see how it goes..

In MCD - 6 months to 1 year both are free...

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 August 2015

As U are in possesion of the marriage certificate, U can file a complaint on desertion by UR husband and his family.First thing U have to do his U have to gather his whereabouts.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     17 August 2015

If you have his office address, residential address of USA and also his paternal address here, file a divorce petition mentioning all three addresses on the ground of cruelty (desertion is not possible as two years separation is the requirement).  If he comes, then try to go on for mutual consent divorce or otherwise, the case goes ex-parte and you will get divorce.  I am Delhi based advocate and hence practically cannot help you.  Best wishes.

Prabhakar -Advocate

(M)9958670740.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register