LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

unknown (n/a)     09 April 2012

Divorce from illelgal relationship-parents rights


     First I would like to thank you for giving this opprtuintiy contact.I appreciate any help provided.This is regarding my cosuin.


My cousin(a software woman from chennai) got married 3yrs back.First 6 months the relationship was good.

After that Due to her job my cousin and her husband were living in different cities.This time a collegue (who is elder to her by 5 years) expressed love and some how attaacted her.This guy is rouge .Everbody knows it.


Now my cousin is taking divorce with her husband to marry him.My cousins husband dont know any thing about this guy and thinking she is not able to adjust with him.He is ready to give divorce innocently.He is a good person.


I belive my cousin last her sensed and doing this all.By knowing alll this my cousin parents and family situation become worst.


My question is can my cousin parents file a case against this guy who is misleading my cousin.?We know if this guy marries my cousin he is not goint to treat her well.the entire family wants to stop the marriage.

Please let us know our options.

By temporary infactuaions my cousin is screwing up her life like anything.

Please advise.


 2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     09 April 2012

Dear Querist,


There is nothing much that law can do when she out of her consent wants to maintain the relationship with this guy. The husband though can file complaints u/s 497/498 (for Adultery and Criminal Elopment) against this guy, and even relatives can do so if the girl was living with for the time being and on behalf of husband. 

piyush sharma (Lawyer)     09 April 2012

You have no rights to interfere in her life. Only the husband can take a legal action in this regard even that is limited to adultary and restitution of conjugal rights.  My free advice is as she is a major let her take her own decisions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query