Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumesh Nair (Deputy Manager Plant & Machinery)     11 November 2012

Divorce filed want my wife to stay away

Hi,

I have filed for divorce at Trivandrum where I got married. But currently I work at Hyderabad and I want to prevent my wife from staying in my rented house at hyderabad. What are my options?

Learning

10 Replies

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     11 November 2012

you cant  force your wife to  stay away from  your rented house ,as your wife will ask  this right under domestic V act known as right of residind. better option for you is this exercise should be done by your landlord.

But my wife has already filed dv and asked for residing rights at my father's place (which ofcourse will get cancelled soon) and I am ready to pay for another house if she rents one either at Hyderabad or Trivandrum.

All I want is her to stay away from me.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     11 November 2012

Hire another furnished house, on ur friend/ relative's name, and you shift there. Let her use the present rented house. 

IT SHD SERVE YOUR PURPOSE, WITHOUT EXTRA COST. 

What if she follows me which I am sure she will.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     11 November 2012

Even if she follows you then Then BEAR HER...She is your legally wedded wife...

Dont tickle her feelings much, Laws are a but female biased...(Unfortunately and factually)...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

livingston_k (n/a)     11 November 2012

utill u will get divorce she is wife to you. you have bear it.

K.Livingston

vijay (M)     11 November 2012

Become technically homeless !!

kalyan (engineer)     11 November 2012

as it is rented home, cancel your present house contract. Stay in a bachelor accommodation where many working guys share a single room. she could not follow you. forget her. If she go to court asking for accommodation, say in the court that staying with her is unsafe to you because it would give a chance to her for filing some more cases against you. it will take some time to search for a house for her. Surely, the court will say to pay some amount for her living. pay it and be happy. dont search for a house for her. let her to search and face this world.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     11 November 2012

dear suresh,

i say that you better reconcile with your wife that may be the reason she plans!

you cannot ditch a lady after you marry and so there is a counselling process in family courts for both of you. so better third party attempts counselling process better you yourself reconcile, forget all egos that al suffer and certainly not enjoy sir! dr g balkrishnan advocate (OS)Bombay high court

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 November 2012

The option which Kalyan has given is most practical & effective, I agree 100%

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register