LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Advise (def)     03 January 2016

Divorce filed by wife.. need help

Happy New Year to all the learned members. With your blessings for the New Year, I seek your valuabl;e opinion. 

My wife filed divorce with volumnous of false allegations of desertion, negligence and cruelty and seeking for divorce and maintencace under HMA 24. I approached a lawyer who filed the written statement after some delay. I was lucky enough that my ws was admitted with a small fine. Now, I find that the reply to the paras with the allegations (of the petition by my wife) are not upto mark and 50% of the denials have not been done and reply has been drafted in a unsatisfatory way I am working with my present lawyer in updating the written statement but I am apprehensive if this will be accepted by the court. The trial has not begun yet. The ws was filed more than a year back.

Please let me know, if the new reply will be accepted and what strtaegy should I adopt: completely change the draft or just make as little amendments that is essential so that the honourable court will accept.

Thanks in advance..

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 January 2016

Sir,

Generally the change in WS is not admitted after the lapse of 1 year, but if you show some mistake of the lawyer, then it can be allowed by the court, and that to under exceptional circumstances.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 January 2016

You have repeated the same question under different heading in another thread.  You may visit that thread for knowing more answers to your this repeated question. 

Need Advise (def)     11 January 2016

Thanks to the learned members for their valuable advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register