LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

susheel   25 February 2017

divorce ,ex party, reopen

I apply for divorce, she appeared once n she did not come again then court decide exparty . But after 9 month she came with a false statement that she is never come to the court and file for set a side and charged 420 on me but after 4-5 date (5 month) the proceeding going on she has an heart attack and expire in law home. Following question are raised Q1 is court proceeding could stop automatically.. Q2 is relatives has the power to continue the case.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Her parents can pursue the case even if she passed away.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 February 2017

Although the divorce case continues even after the death of your wife and her relative can take over in case there exists other materlistic issues like financial or property issues between both of you, but I will advise you to withdraw the divorce case proceedings and seek your share in her property as her living spouse because you and if you have children out of the marriage are first ones to inherit her property/estate before her parents claim it under the Hindu Succession Act,1956.

A.P.Loganathan (advocate Madras High Court)     26 February 2017

on the demise of your wife, your divorce petition become invalid and infructious 

your divorce petition will be dismissed

Madhava Rao Gorrepati (Member State Committee)     28 February 2017

right to sue does not survive. the marraige is between two individuals. What would the parents of your wife do with the petition.?

susheel   28 February 2017

They want illegal money otherwise they approach high court , they don't want to leave the case and me. But why should I give money when his daughter is not alive.(I had no child from her and after 6 month of divorce I have married again.)

susheel   28 February 2017

They want illegal money otherwise they approach high court , they don't want to leave the case and me. But why should I give money when his daughter is not alive.(I had no child from her and after 6 month of divorce I have married again.)

A.P.Loganathan (advocate Madras High Court)     28 February 2017

this is a divorce case, related to only husband and wife so the proceeding in the court stop automatically the moment one of the spouse dies and no legal heir or relative can be permitted  by the court to continue the divorce case

Adv A.P.Loganathan  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register