LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Namrata   01 July 2015

Divorce decree

Hello to the members,

I have a query on divorce decree - My separation happened in 2012 but I dint collect my divorce decree since them, it was in Nasik Court. I have the MOU however not been able to travel back to collect the decree neither did my lawer got a change, On this I have few queries and need your assistance:

1) Can I put an application for my decree now after 3 years?

2) Is there a way i can get a certified copy through RTI?

3) Do we need to pay any fee in the court to get a copy/original?

4) How much time does Court take to handover the original copy?

5) Do I need to physically go the court or my lawyer can collect it on my behalf?

Thanks for your valuable time to reply my query.



 3 Replies

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (     01 July 2015

You can apply for a Certified Copy of the Divorce Decree in the Court where it was granted. There will be a window/dept. specifically for this. There is a form in which you need to fill in the case details and pay a requite fee. Usually, they'll ask you to collect the Certified Copy within 7-10 days.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 July 2015

On behalf of you your advocate can get your divorce decree and also can get certified copies from courts coping department by paying the fees for that .
1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 July 2015

for what purpose you want after 3 years you have not mentioned because even in the court website you can take online print if you have the case number and the decree passed year but if you want to apply basing the order copy then you have to apply as above said

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register