LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Final destination (S)     20 January 2010

Divorce case with many issues

Hello sirs, My family is in big mesh now. I am in need of suggestions in all the possibilities.

My brother got married with my sister-in-law 3 and half years back. When they went for honey moon, she told that one guy loved her. But her parents forcefully asked her to marry my brother. Actually she wanted to live with him. My brother told her that inform to your parents and go with him. But she didn’t leave my brother. Later she used to talk a lot with him. That person even came to my brother’s home when he went to office. Recently I came to know, that person died in an accident.
After reception and all other formalities got over, she came to our house. That time my family realized that her parents didn’t give any gold and other house hold things what they promised to give. But we never asked for any kind of dowry. Though my parents felt that we have been cheated by saying they will give some gold and house hold things. There was a quarrel between my parents and her parents on this issue. She cursed my parents like anything and asked for DV. That day she also took a pledge that she will take revenge on my family. My brother wanted to avoid the problems in both the sides and wanted to have good marriage life. So he gave some amount to her parents to make some gold chains for her without my parents’ knowledge. He assumed that there will not be any more problems. But it started from here only.
My parents left my brother’s home (he works in different place than our native) and went to our native. She became pregnant and started having more quarrels with my brother even for very small, small things.  He is such a perfect guy actually. He gave lot of advice on what to do, how to behave with elders... Etc., she never takes any word of my brother. She always wanted things to happen on her ways. Whenever she wants to go her parents home, she will raise some issue; will have fight with my brother. Often she has used bad mouth on my brother and my parents very badly. And also threatens that she will file a case on dowry harassment against my parents.
At the end, she says that she had some mental tension and behaved like that. She also claims that If she go and stay with her mother, she will become normal. As she was carrying, my brother had arranged a cab to travel. It had happened many times. During this period my brother suffered like anything. He sacrificed everything for the fact that she was carrying. My brother gave almost 50%-60% hospital expenses for the 1st delivery as it was a cesarean.  
One more thing which I need to highlight is that she will go to any level just to make sure what she wants to happen. She did many things to blackmail my brother.
1.       She attempted suicide twice
2.       She had removed her dress and ran on the streets when nobody was there
3.       She broke her bangles  and eaten them
4.       She cuts her hair in an abnormal way
5.       Wake up at mid night and make noise like my brother is beating her
These are just few things which she tried. Her parents knew all these facts. They advised her not to do any such silly things. Her mother told to my brother to have counseling or check with a doctor. Again she told they will go and check with the family doctor. So my brother gave them money and arranged a cab to go her home.
She came back after 3 months saying she is normal. Later we realized that they didn’t visit any doctor. She continued same behavior and had fights many times with my brother.  At one point of time my brother got exhausted and told all these things to my parents who didn’t aware of these happenings. They thought if we stay together, there will not be any such problems. And they came to my brother’s home. She treated my parents very badly and had used wrong words on them. It continued.
All the time she asks divorce and thrown maangalyam; my brother wanted to give divorce but we managed to compromise him saying he has a kid. My parents left to our native after 2 months. It went normal for a while. Then again same problems started.
I’m really very embarrassed to tell few things which I came to know recently. She doesn’t allow my brother to go office. She will ask him to have s*x thrice in a day. Due to this, there were many fights came in on other things. Sometimes she calls my brother when he is in office and asked him to come home immediately for having s*x. she also blackmailed saying if he doesn’t come, she will try suicide. All the time, she used to call up my relatives and his friends and says that my brother and parents are torturing her. She often includes me too in the fights.
My brother decided not to give any more chances and spoke to her parents. Few days later they came to my brother’s house and took her to their home. She didn’t come back for almost 6 months. During this period, she called up one day and told that she is pregnant.
She will do all the rubbish things and at the end she will ask sorry and forgive her. This happens every time. We thought to close all the problems and give peaceful life to my brother. So called up few of her relatives and our relatives to sort out the problems on mutual consent. But it didn’t work out well. When my brother started telling the facts, they couldn’t able digest the things and made noise like anything even on the streets asked for divorce many times, finally left to her home. She stays at her home only now. It is almost 1 and half year since then.  
While second delivery also, my brother went there and taken care of full medical expenses. After that also they continued creating same kind of problems. After all these things, my brother got frustrated very badly and started telling her to stay in her home itself.
He filed a DV case. She appeared for first hearing. We didn’t go as per our lawyer’s advice. Now she is dragging the issue into different way to hide her mistakes. She is telling that my brother has s** relationship with another lady who stays near to his home. She also came down to streets and made bad mouth on neighbors too. Fortunately neighbors understand each other well. So it didn’t create many problems on their family.
Now she is blackmailing my brother that if he doesn’t give up divorce case, she will pull neighbors also to court by stating above said matter. My brother went to an extreme now and says that he will hang himself by seeing all these tortures.
Whatever I tried to explain is not even 30 % of how my brother suffered. So please understand my family’s position. Please advice and provide your invaluable suggestions which will bring us back to the normal life.

Learning

4 Replies

Final destination (S)     20 January 2010

I have realised one thing by seeing/hearing all the happenings that she wants money and divorce too. But want to end the case such a way that it was not due to her mistakes; she doesnt have any problems and all the problems with my brother only.  :(

we are really blank; not able to digest the things which are happening for us and couldnt survive easily.

Final destination (S)     21 January 2010

Can somebody give me suggestions on what to do? What kind of evidences to be submitted in front of court..?

Final destination (S)     23 January 2010

Thanks so much sirs.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     02 February 2010

want to talk to u or the sufferer in person. There are so many queries to confirm.U can call me at 09871158578

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register