Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi (Eng)     09 November 2016

Divorce case summons to multiple addresses

Hi,

My wife left my home and has been living with her parents at their place.

As it was a rented house, they have shifted somewhere else. I do not have their present address or any other contact details.

I want to serve the divorce notice.

My queries:

1. As I don't have her whereabouts, can I send divorce case summons to her close relatives?
  2. I got to know that she is doing further studies and living in a hostel. Can I send divorce summons to college / hostel?
  3. Is it possible to send summons to multiple addresses at the same time?
  4. Before this I had sent RCR summons to her old address. Belief gave a report that the respondent did not stay there. Can this point help me?

Please, guide me.

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
Yes. Answer to all your questions.

(Guest)
Yes. Answer to all your questions.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 November 2016

It doesn't matter how MANY  ADDRESSES YOU SEND SUMMONS BUT SHE SHOULD BE NOTIFIED OF THE FACT THAT YOU INTEND TO DIVORCE HER. YoU CAN SERVE YOU RCRr CASE SUMMONS ALSO AT THESE ADDRESSES ONLY.iF YOU  APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLASE CONVEY MY FORUM THNAKS  TO ME.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     09 November 2016

Yes you can serve it by any way.

Main intention is to give it to the other party. 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 November 2016

Send the notices to her last known address ,if you know her present residing address then it will more better otherwise send it on last known address , if she didn't get it then request the court for paper publication.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2016

If you know her relatives and that she is in hostel then you know her last address.

Obtain Redg. Post number and downlaod tracking report from Indiapost website.

Manage to get POD from PO and certified copy of run sheet of postman by either paying a fee of Rs.10/ or thru RTI.

ravi (Eng)     10 November 2016

Thank you Jnana Prakash ji, Usha ji, Bharat Ji, Lakshmikant ji & Kumar ji for your replies! :)

How many maximum addresses can we ask court to send summons to, at the same time?

Is there any limit like 2 / 4 / 5 ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 November 2016

You may give all addresses.

Post and submit reciept to court.

Your own counsle must have advised you on it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register