Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leo (abcd)     27 August 2011

Divorce case not being received yet!!!

Hi,

Wondering if I can get some valuable advise in here. My marriage lasted only for a month and with no material consumation. Upon finding out the bride side's fraud, I had applied for sec12 null and voidence of the marriage in early May this year... since then I have been through 4 appearence in the court but it seems the legal notice has not yet been served to the other party.. (the other party lives in Bangalore whereas the court case is logged in Delhi family court).

I wanted to check what are the other measures court can take or if I can apply to the court for timely serving of the notice. Also, if there is any way of finding out why the notice is taking so long to be served once this was dispatched from its issuing office???

Your help in oproviding some comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Leo

Learning

3 Replies

Self service (None)     28 August 2011

You should check reason why summons not served. Court has all procedure for same. Its your right to know.

You ask your advocate to take next step, depending on reason. Generally if sumons are not recevied you can request court to send by "other means". i,e personal handover by court staff and they keep record of all incidences.

If other party is not appearing in court willingly you can request for ex parte decision.

Any way what your advocate is doing?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 August 2011

You can always ask for summons DASTI (by hand)

The procedure also include Publication when all other measures have failed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leo (abcd)     29 August 2011

Hi,

Many thanks for the advise. I have spoken to my advocate to raise the issue with authorities and arrange an alternative method.

Regards

Leo

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register