LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pallavi (hr)     19 October 2014

Divorce case filed by husband under section 13(1a) (1b)

Dear Sir,

I am basically from Kanpur and got married in an influential family in Delhi. My husband has filed a case agaimst me under section 13 (A)(B). My first hearing is scheduled on 27th Oct 2014. I had a lot of differences with my husband but i never wanted to file for divorce. I came back home in July 2014 to meet my parents and after i reached my inlaws stopped taking my calls. Not only this, they locked their house and gave no information anout there whereabouts. Me and my family tried their level best to save my marriage but my husband refused to take me back. All my clohes, jwelleey and money is with them and they have locked their house. All the property is on the name of my mother in law so i cannot even enter her place without her consent. Please advise the course of action needed. I belong to a middle class family and my father is a heart patient. We cannot afford to go to delhi each and every time. I want to save my marriage. Please help me!


 3 Replies

fighting back (exec)     19 October 2014

this might only be one part of the story. there cannot be smoke without fire...if your husband has filed for divorce, then he certainly has some solid grounds to file a petition for divorce. no one files for divorce for flimsy reasons, reasons which are bound to be dismissed in court. when has initiated divorce, then there certainly have to be some points. you havent placed those points here. what are the points mentioned in the petition.? your story is only your part of the story. you havent disclosed what your husband has claimed in his petition. what are the grounds...and why did he file for divorce only when you left for your parents place. why not when you were with him. this proves that things were not well in the house and so you left his house and then he filed for divorce.

1 Like

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     19 October 2014

Dear Pallavi,

Is it possible for you to send me a scanned copy of the petition to my i.d. for detailed study before suggesting you anything. I am based in Delhi and have done various such cases. Trust me, being a woman you have several options to save your marriage but at the same time I need to know entire story from you and from the language of your plaint before advising anything.


mohd imran.a.khan (lawyer)     20 October 2014

The matter has filed by husband let it come before the court and place you case, file other cases also against him as being lady you have lot of rights.Now when he already has reached in court. Then be preapre and fully fight for what is right.court without listening you and without concluding the evidrnce will place on record will not pass an order of divorce. For any kind if legal help suggestion you may call me at 08000442138 Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query