Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     31 December 2013

Divorce case duration ?

Dear Experts

Please revert

Complaint pending in CAW cell, if divorce case filled what are the plus and minus....i dont want to stay with her. and what is the average time in which i can get divorce either one sided ? is it possible to get one sided divorce easily .? my wife wants to make my life hell she dont want to give divorce. what can i do.  ?

Regards

498A=Frauds

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     31 December 2013

divorce can be granted by three ways 1. through mutual consent divorce time 6-9 months ,2. through contest if exparte divorce process than 12-18 months 3. or if contested by both parties than 2-4 years. 

Better file for divorce you shall be able to get proper direction about your marriage.

Regards,

Adv.NIKHIL SETH 

Mumbai 

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     31 December 2013

Thank you, but after divorce case has been filled she can file how many cases on me ? Like Dowry, DV, maintenance etc ? how much cost she has to bear to file these cases, she is working earning 20 k per month. no other mode of income. relatives may help.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     31 December 2013

there is no specific fee or cost for cases its depend on the advocate.

it will be better to concentrate on your cases.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 January 2014

Dear Querist,

Though there can not be any fixed time frame in case of Contested Divorce. Every city/ state has an average time which a particular kind of case takes.

Also, when you are contesting cases, it is better to focus on your own merits and benefits rather than the impact of the same on other side. In HMA proceedings the lady, if she does not possess means, can ask for litigation expenses apart from maintenance from you.

Also, w.r.t. your CAW cell complaint. Have you sough bail?

It should not happen that my house is on fire, but I am going hunting.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor 

www.shoneekapoor.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register