LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krithika b (engineer)     20 September 2022

Divorce case applied under 13a

Hi Lawyers,

I have filed 13 A on 7th march 2022, its been already 3 to 4 hearings but the counter part didnt register vakalath, nor appearing in court. the next hearing is in October and the upcoming hearing will be going to go in every alternate month.

At the moment i have 2 questions.

1. When i will receive judgement on divorce case. [i mean after how many hearing of the vakalath not filed or not appeared on court]

2, Can i seek alimony. As i am working women with 1 son 10 years old. i am taking care of all his needs. [also i had given my ex-husband about 30+ lakhs] is there a way i can ask for alimony. since the opponent not appearing in court, will judge advise some alimony or how to approach this?


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 September 2022

Why relief under 13A? What wetre the reliefs sought originally?

Krithika b (engineer)     20 September 2022

Do you mean the allegations? 

Anand G   22 September 2022

usually Divorce cases will take a lot of time. you should have solid grounds for Divorce. you will not be getting any kind of maintenance because you are a working women and may be your son may get some kind of relief subjective to terms and conditions. kindly go through with the
Rajnesh VS Neha Guidelines you will get the clarity. you have transfered 30 lakes you said you have any evidence that you have transfered, and on what circumstances you have transfered. kindly Elaborate
thank you

Krithika b (engineer)     22 September 2022

Thanks for responding, I have evidence as all are bank neft transactions for 30 lakhs.

Since he's not showing up in court to file vakalath,I thought it's easy after submitting evidence


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query