LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govind MNM (Legal Advisor)     04 December 2009

Divorce by mutual consent

Hi.....I am an advocate and I have a query ragrading the whole procedure of divorce by mutual consent......which party should prepare the documents to be filed? Is there a necessity of a formal notice of divorce even though both parties agree to the divorce?? please enlighten........


 1 Replies

saumit joshi (advocate)     04 December 2009

both the parties apply joint petition with the necessary list of documents on oath under sec 13 (1)b of Hindu Marriage Act with the vakalatnama and court givinv 6 months period for amicable settlement between parties if no compromise arises than after court with the deposition of both the parties and pronounce the judgement. this procedure is approximately taken 6 months period.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register