LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiffa (abc)     27 December 2012

Divorce before 6 months of marrige !!

I got married in august 2012 and stayed in the in-laws house for  3 days and came with my husband to my home and stayed in my home for 2 days !!  It is only 4 months since we got married. It was an arranged marriage.

He left back to the middle east where he was working within 10 days of marriage. we are both indian citizens by birth.

We dont want to live together with eachother.

I want a divorce as fast as possible because i need to go to the UK with the person i love under spouse visa before july 2013.

any ways to get divorce quickly under some exceptional circumstances ?? if so wat proofs do i have to show ?? Urgent Plz !!

Learning

14 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     27 December 2012

12.       Void able marriages

(1)       Any marriage solemnized, whether before of after the commencement of this Act, shall be voidable and maybe annulled by a decree of nullity on any of the following grounds, namely.-

1[(a)     that the marriage has not been consummated owing to the impotence of the respondent ;

Either husband / wife has to be a scapegoat, however.

(Guest)

Hi Shiffa,

I would advice to sort out this with your hubby and tell her that you do not want to continue with him.

Filing a false divorce case may land u up in mess, as he may contest it and you will not be able to get it out easily stating the facts you have stayed with him only for a week or so.

Thanks,
mani

shiffa (abc)     28 December 2012

the marriage is not consummated with him, but i have had previous relationships.. so how do i prove the marriage has not been cosummated ? and also can it be annulled ? he is potent but he has not tried anythin wit me cuz i dont allow him to.. he is mentally not prepared...

shiffa (abc)     28 December 2012

i dont want to file a false divorce, even he has mutually agreed to split, but the problem is the emergency.. i cant wait for a whole year to file a divorce cuz i gotta go to the UK . R there any fast ways to get split ..or get the marriage anulled ?

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     28 December 2012

Originally posted by : shiffa

i dont want to file a false divorce, even he has mutually agreed to split, but the problem is the emergency.. i cant wait for a whole year to file a divorce cuz i gotta go to the UK . R there any fast ways to get split ..or get the marriage anulled ?

cool down lady, 

Go for MCD.

ABHISHEK KUMAR VATSA (Freelancer)     28 December 2012

hi shiffa,first of all u have to make your husband ready for mutual divorce .Fastest way to get divorce: u have to file for divorce. Next u need to transfer the case to Lok Adalat for mutual divorce. This will speed up ur process alot.

abhi(dot)kuamr9law@gmail(dot)com

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     28 December 2012

Hi shiffa...

Although the minimum tenure together should be atleast 1 year but the magistrate may, if satisfied, grant a divorce....

You gotta try your luck through a good counsel via reference....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

(Guest)

If he agrees to your request then opt for MCD.

If both the parties are ready and trust each other then MCD can be filed within one year (by showing marriage on back date as nobody cross-check this thing)

But better think twice as the way you are running out of this marriage with your lover, your lover must not be carrying any trust for you and will do the same in future for no reasons.

Contested divorce are next to impossible to get in cases like yours unleass one party proves adultry or reaons of annulments.

abdul (MD)     28 December 2012

Dear Shiffa,

what was the need to marry a person whom you do not love / like and had no intentions to live with, why you have to put him in misery and ruin his peace of mind, i presume he was unaware of your intentions hence he married to you

and as far as your lover, how far he will stay committed to you as you yourself have mentioned " but i have had previous relationships.." 

it is disturbing to me, sorry!

rajesh (asdadad)     29 December 2012

this is so called modern india 4 u .abdul .same thing happened wid me and i cnt put my misery in2 words as my whole world has came down and i hv to start it afresh and thts also at d age of 33 yrs . A fake married life of 6 months out of 1.6 yrs cost me total insult , financially , emotionally and also a killing of an 3 month old unborn child . . Put under pressure by my FIL usin threats to life n fake cases . I still wonder abt my fault in this whole saga , marryin her ? So tht she cud save her and her father's social pride ? To this dear lady , wat wud hd been ur reaction if instead of ur hubby , ur bro was thr and his wife had done d same thing? Y did marry then if u hv had predecided nt to go ahead ? I m sure tht after an yr or so u wud divorce ur lover as 1 is blind while in luv bt eyes r wide opened once married life gets started as practical world comes in frnt of u . . Sala tum jaisi ladkione aur unke ma baap ne shadi ko ek tamasha banaya hai . . Anyways let it b like tht . . Go 4 MCD and give compensation amt to ur husband so tht he wud release u frm d nuptal tie-knot

(Guest)
You shall be definitely left by your lover in the future if there is still god.Aren't you shame?you are spoiling ur life and others.you are really a metro Wife.

shiffa (abc)     06 January 2013

Thanx for the reply.

can i get an annulment if one party proves adultery or somethin similar to tat.. if yes wat reason can be the best way to get an annulment ? we are rady to prove anythin for annulment to be done..  

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     07 January 2013

I got married in august 2012 and stayed in the in-laws house for  3 days and came with my husband to my home and stayed in my home for 2 days !!  It is only 4 months since we got married. It was an arranged marriage.

He left back to the middle east where he was working within 10 days of marriage. we are both indian citizens by birth. (pl also state ur religion here)

We dont want to live together with eachother.

I want a divorce as fast as possible because i need to go to the UK with the person i love under spouse visa before july 2013.

any ways to get divorce quickly under some exceptional circumstances ?? if so wat proofs do i have to show ?? Urgent Plz !!

we are rady to prove anythin for annulment to be done.

1) MCD not possible to get before july 2013

2) Void marriage - u have no ground for filing this section

3) Voidable marriage - u cant achieve ur goal before 2013

Do u think that u are playing some child's game ???

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     07 January 2013

any ways to get divorce quickly under some exceptional circumstances ?? if so wat proofs do i have to show ?? Urgent Plz !

seems lunatic

but its NEITHER an Exceptional Circumstance NOR a ground for divorce/annulment  !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register