Divorce assistant

I married a year ago. 7 months ago around Nov 2017 my wife willing to visit one of her cousin marriage. She went saying the same reason to my family and after the marriage she stay with her parent and didn't return back to my home. Since it was festive season (Holi) so her parent insist me to approve her stay in her parental home for some more days.

Certainly one day I got a call from her father at evening around 7 saying that she didn't return to home (Her father home) since afternoon. She gone out for visiting one fair and didn't return. And for this they lodged a complain with local police. After few days police got some hint, and they conclude that the girl has ran away with someone. Her mobile has been traced near Ahmedabad. On getting this information her parents delayed her searching by 5 days and same information informed to me & my family lately. However, on knowing this I and my relatives rushed to Ahemadabad for furthur search. We stayed their for 1 week but didn't get any clue of my wife.

As of now her family members is not at all cooprating me. They are not willing to give any information about their daughter and they seem to be completely relaxed. However through some intermediate persons we came to know that my wife is in constant touch with her parent and same time her parent also knows about her current orientation. 

I had a call with her parent and had a serious argument about the happenings. Her father clearly state me that till her daughter won't return back home they will not discuss anything furthur. Her visit to home is not predictable and may be hidden from external world. So, keeping all these points I ask her father for 2 things - 1) Ask her daughter to come back and discuss if there is any issue. 2) Divorce me since her absence is almost more then 6 months past.

Her father silently replied that if Divorce is needed they will give but in order to settle the matter he is demanding a sum of 25Lakhs saying that the same has been spent in marriage ceremony. Adding to this my wife while leaving home took all her gold ornament including the one gifted from our end and also she took gifted car along with her.

Please suggest me legal advice of how to deal with this situation. Its been more then 6 months past and due to lack of support from society me & my family members frightened to take any legal help.


Can you please mail me your query at basu_kunal@hotmail.com? I may be able to advise you better then...





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x