LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshu dubey (Sr Manager IT)     17 July 2014

Divorce application filled by wife.

Dear Members,

Please guide me on followings:

1.       My wife filled criminal case on me – 498a/323/506/504 and ¾ DP act in Jhansi.

2.       After that, she moved the application for DV act under various sections.

3.       I got Stay on proceeding on criminal case by Allahabad high court - under 482. As stating that :

Learned counsel for the applicant contended that statement of the father of the

girl Sri Arvind Tiwari, copy of which has been annexed as annexure 5 to the

affidavit, does not support the case of the prosecution as set up in the FIR,

moreover, the certificate of the Bank, copy of which has been annexed as

annexure 7 to the affidavit also creates doubt about the prosecution version as

set up in the FIR.

4.       Now, she today filed the petition in Family court –JHANSI in section 13 for divorce.


1.       We also want divorce…but before that we want her to withdraw the criminal case and DV case on my family and me.  Our lawyer saying that not to receive the SUMMON from Family court. Now, I am thinking that if we did not receive the SUMMON or respond may be SHE get the Ex-party divorce without withdrawing the cases running on me and my family. Is it the good to not receive the SUMMON from Family court?

2.       Do I need to receive the SUMMON from family court Jhansi and engage my lawyer to reply and fight the case with oppose the divorce petition by her.

3.       She also narrated same story (false) in divorce petition which is mentioned in FIR.


Please suggest!!!




 2 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 July 2014

first make her withdraw all the cases and contest the divorce case as you also want divorce 

1 Like

deepakrao (DIRECTOR)     17 July 2014

just appear in family court in jhasi n tell that u also want divorce so kindly send the matter in mediation cell we will compromise n settle the matter what ever amount  she want just bargaing n settle the matter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register