LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mike   12 April 2017

Divorce and re marrige

I got married in NOV2014 and had to take divorce after a year. It was not through court, but from sub-registrar office on notarized / stamped paper document with mutual consent in JAN2016. I want to again get married. Girl is also divorced, so she had divorce degree from court. I didn't have divorce decree from court, but showed notarized / stamped paper document from sub-registrar office for re-marriage. My first marrige was not registred and also My name is no where in her documents.  Also they have filed a application in Police station and we have also submitted divorce paper copy there and closed the case mutually trough cast court. 

1) Will my 2nd marriage is illegal ? 

2) Do I have to complusory go through court for divorce or sub-registrar office notarized / stamped divorce document is also valid ?  

3) Will my first wife can create issue about my new marrige after such documents.

Learning

5 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     12 April 2017

Originally posted by : Mike

I got married in NOV2014 and had to take divorce after a year. It was not through court, but from sub-registrar office on notarized / stamped paper document with mutual consent in JAN2016. I want to again get married. Girl is also divorced, so she had divorce degree from court. I didn't have divorce decree from court, but showed notarized / stamped paper document from sub-registrar office for re-marriage. My first marrige was not registred and also My name is no where in her documents.  Also they have filed a application in Police station and we have also submitted divorce paper copy there and closed the case mutually trough cast court. 

1) Will my 2nd marriage is illegal ?

Your second marriage is illegal

2) Do I have to complusory go through court for divorce or sub-registrar office notarized / stamped divorce document is also valid ?  

Only court can grant divorce.

3) Will my first wife can create issue about my new marrige after such documents.

You can be booked under various sections better not to disclose your second marriage and apply for mutual divorce in court

whatnot   12 April 2017

What is your religion ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 April 2017

Get divorce as per provisions of personal law that apply in your case.

(Guest)

Rightly guided. Notarised paper has no value. Ask your present wife to file divorce petition by mutual consent in the court having jurisdiction where you reside. Obtain the divorce decree and then remarry. Do not marry again without divorce decree. it will only create problems for future

A walk alone (-)     12 April 2017

1) without divorce second marriage is not vaild . 2)sub-registrar office notarized / stamped divorce document is not valid .3) if you remarried without divorce first wife can book you under various sections and you will roam court for decade. Your second wife can also file case of fraud on you anytime.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register