Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wishal (sr)     21 July 2014

Divorce after 5 months

hello friends i married in febuary and then after i was living with her. now after 5 months she doesnt want to learn cooking or she doesnt want to clean home and work. if my parents tell her anything she doesnt follow. she speaks randomly to me and my family. since last 2 months i told her to stay at her parents home only. her parents attitude is like fighting and no solution. they were like my daughter loose 3 kg weight because of ur torture. they are uneducated. so we decided to go for divorce. so what all things can i do?


 11 Replies

wishal (sr)     21 July 2014

Also my mother psychiatric patient and taking medicine. and because of this all stress i need to start antihypertensive

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     21 July 2014

Please don't be hurry, have a discussion with her in calm and cool environment  or get her counselling from the elders or marriage counsellors.Every thing will be alright. Don't take hasty and urgent decisions.Apart from this , people will provoke you to do so many things ,thereby you will be under total confusion and there please dont listen to them , rather contact professional advisers on the subject.

wish you all the best.

Please contact me for further discussion if any.


Suneet Gupta (     21 July 2014

Is marriage a joke? You want to divorce her because she does not want to learn cooking.

Perhaps you and your family's attitude needs to change. It takes some time for the wife to learn the practices in her new home. She is not your servant or slave that she will follow whatever you or your parents tell her. You have to give respect to earn it from others. If they respect your wife, she will also respect them and participate in the house work. However, if you try to force her she will rebel (as she has done).

Today, everyone wants a modern wife, but is not ready to give here equal respect and stature. Please forget  the past stereotypes and treat your wife as an equal. This will help your married life, else be prepared to handle a long period of litigation with both civil and criminal cases. (Divorce, Maintenance, 498A, DV, Dowry, etc.)

1 Like

wishal (sr)     21 July 2014

Well mr. Suneet she speaks anythign to whole family her parents are like to fight with us. from mornign to evening she speaks rudely slang to me and family. 

my mom became psychiatric patient. is there no rule that we can file against her to get divorce? even my moms illness cant get me through divorce??? because of her torture i became hypertensive i have medical papers advice needed

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     21 July 2014

Dear Querist as per my opinion, you should first try to save the marriage, if not possible then try to file divorce by mutual consent u/s 13 B of hindu marriage act if both of you are hindu and the mARRIAGE WAS SOLEMNIXZED AS PER HINDU LAW, rites and customs. if not possible then file a divorce petition before family court for divorce on the ground of cruelty along with an application u/s 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955..... Feel Free to Call

wishal (sr)     21 July 2014


my query is can we file a police complaint against her by my mother to torture her???? she is psychiatric patient 

and if she files somethign about parents in police, what action can we take to safe side??

we got married in febuary 2014 and then just 2 months we spended together and since last 2 months she is at her parents home

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     21 July 2014

Dear Querist

no you mother can not file any case before police against her but she may file a domestic violence case against her before magistrate court.

Feel Free to Call

sankar P (supervisor)     21 July 2014

Dear Wishal,

First   You told " since last 2 months i told her to stay at her parents home only"

Then you stated " since last 2 months she is at her parents home"

you are confused in what is going on, Let be cool & try to talk her through some Elders in your side with her side & try to save your marriage.

Also if you have any evidence keep it in safe.

Without 1 year of completion of marriage no possibility of divorce.

Read carefully the Experts advice in the LCI , It will give more clearity to you for save your marriage.

Many Thanks,

BEst Regards,



In india Falling onto court corridors are as simple as any beggar siting at temple. But those beggars only get begs who have wounds to show...

In your current situation its advisable not to get entangled in marital cases unless you have tried a lot to save your marriage within the stipulated time frame led by the hma 1955 , completion of one year of marriage.

However, u/s 14 hma 1955 it is also stated that those couple who have extreme hardship to survive along with each other may file such petition with the permission of court.

But in your case you dont have such hardship where danger of life and limb is at cost.

Better try to sort out yur grievances with love and care by giving equal opportunities to your wife to speak on such issues.


Best of luck:))


1 Like

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     22 July 2014

All the above advocates r right

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 July 2014

In my opinion you are in a hurry about everything without giving a hearing to anything patiently. As rightly observed by learned friend Advocate Mr. Suneet Gupta, your wife enjoys equal status in your house and she has got every rights in her matrimonial house.  If she is not knowing cooking,allow her time to learn, if she is abusing in foul mouth, see what provoked her to talk and behave that way.  The life after your marriage is very short to decide about her character, you may have to wait and watch the developments patiently, may be she will cultivate all good habits and reform herself, may be she will become an ideal housewife after the changes.  Please do not be misguided on outsiders evil advises.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query