LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

socially backward (Social worker)     12 June 2022

Divorce advice

A MAT suit was filed by a wife for divorce in 2019.Median for reconciliation between the parties,i.e. between husband and wife failed and the husband,who filed affidavit in opposition against the MAT suit filed by wife,said to court on the day of hearing after failure of reconciliation that he ,too now wants divorce.The judge fixed next date for issue framing.Its not possible for both the parties to initiate discussion for a mutual divorce for various reasons.

Now,can such statement by husband for divorce pave the way for the solution of the MAT suit early as now both the parties wants divorce ?

Would it be prudent to transfer such MAT suit to lok adalot for more speedy solution?



 4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     13 June 2022


The wife has filed a divorce petition. In mediation, the husband has agreed to divorce. So file a mutual consent divorce petition in the court and get the divorce. 

Sravika Reddy Kohir   13 June 2022

Hello Querist, I acknowledge your question. Here immaterial of both the parties wanting for divorce that does not lead to fast or speedy solution. The due procedure must be followed. For such a transfer of suit to Lok Adalat, as the date for hearing is already fixed you have to take the permission from the judge under sec 19 of the lok Adalat act for it to be transferred to the lok Adalat.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further query do drop here.

Have a good day.

socially backward (Social worker)     13 June 2022

Regarding due process,I want to know, whether on the basis of wife and husbands deposition that they agree for divorce ,the case be settled early..without any other witnesses (not possible to produce any other).


Meenakshi Dobriyal   11 July 2022

meri shadi me bahut jada paresani h mere husband aur sasural wale mere sath acha behaviour ni krte aur mere husband muje mentally torture krte h hmesa galat bate bolte h gaali hath uthana.mere parents ne itna smjha b dia pr kuvh sahi ni h fir b.aur mai 3 months pregnant hu to mai abortion karungi to ye cheez mere against to nhii hogi divorce case file krne me. plz answer me plz

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register