FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (housewife)     27 November 2013


Sir,My friend got married May 2012,But this is the second marriage for her,In her first life,when she left out in the mahal, xhusband lover came and make a problem heavily,She said i was conceived bcoz of ur husband so she didn't go with that man,directly she went her home,After that they make some arrangement and try to convenience to my friend,but unfortunately she didn't convenienced,She didn't like to live that man,so both are applying mutual divorce and get it,after that only she got married,but her husband torchure to asking jewels and money and every time he insist to speak his first life,one day he send out my friend to her parents home,after that he make several problems to her parents,so she decided to complaint to the police station,after that both are agreed to sign the copy not to distrub others,if any one wants divorce other is accepted,but he didn't change his attitude,after 6 months he applied for divorce and filed the petition against my friend she din't obey my words and spoke harsly to my mother and brother like that,so he want divorce from her,and also he wanted the amount which he spend for this divorce she will pay,my friend got disappointed,so she didn't willing to go the hearing,she didn't ready to see him,without going how this case coming to an end,whats going to happend? Is anything happend against my friend?


 4 Replies

Ashimta Lekhi Malhotra (Independent Lawyer)     27 November 2013

Consult a local lawyer.

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     27 November 2013



Your question is not much clear to, please re-write it by giving names i.e. A, B and C to parties.

Advocate Kapil Chandna


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 November 2013

Once divorce is taken through MCD. ex - husband is not supposed to disturb. If he do so, police complaint can be given.  

Advocate Ashok Kumar (Counsel)     29 November 2013

Dear Priya,

If there has already been a divorce then there is no more a matrimonial relationship between the previous husband and wife. You mention that they signed a mutual divorce and the husband also agreed to sign an agreement to not bother her again. What is needed to be done is to file a complaint of harassment against this man and say that he is unnecessarily bothering her, even though they are now divorced and separated. If the divorce has not yet been finalised, then it is high time that you approach a court and get a decree of divorce for your friend. The actions of the husband amounts to mental cruelty and he should be divorced as soon as possible. If he has already filed a divorce petition in court, then you need to go endorse the petition and get as much alimony and maintenance from him as possible. It will be best if you hire a good, competent lawyer who can represent your case in the courts and help stop the abuse and mental cruelty being inflicted by this man.


Advocate Ashok Kumar, www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query