New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hema_latha (Software Engineer)     14 November 2013


Hi all,

I have applied for divorce in my hometown. The court had sent 3 notice to my spouse which came back as rejected.  The court has asked to give his correct address. We heard that he has changed his residence and nobody knows where he lives. He is not in touch with his family either. We are unable to locate his whereabouts. I get threatnenning messages from his number.  That is all the contact we have. What should be the next step. Please help.


Thanks in advance


 3 Replies

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     14 November 2013

Ask the court to order for publication.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2013

You may file a petition in the court stating that since the the notice could not served upon the respondent in his last known address, you may be permitted to a substituted service of summon under O5R20 of CPC through PP. 

santhosh.g. (advocate)     14 November 2013

If the notice sent by the court is not served for the reason addressee not found or  addressee not known, you can pray for a substitute service of notice by a paper publication brfore the court and in the normal proceedings court will grant it.See order V rule 20 C.P.C

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register