LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Accountant)     15 April 2013

Divorce

Its been aa year i got married and my wife is becoming a real pain day by day .., she is so full full of ego and high headedness ... she believes she is the only one wo is right and rest all are wrong .

She is putting baseless self created allegation on me and my family , she fight everyday , during the entire phase of one year of our marriage she has almost everyday threatened me of calling police and put me and my family behind bar for torture and harrasment .

I always want to continue with her but she is just getting uncontrolled day by day , she talk in disrespective manner to everyone , always tells self created stories which is far from being truth to his family and her mother and brother starts arguing with me .

I'm mentally so fed up with all this , and i feel like suffocated in this marriage and feels pity and law is totally against us and she can do anything antime to cause harm to me n my family .

kindly please advise can i file for divorce bcos i know se will drag police and do all sort of dirty tricks to create problem to me and my family .

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

I understand :-(

1. You start recording her actions and start collecting proofs of her mental cruelty as much as possible.

2. Create a bank account on her name and every month deposit 5k from your account. 

3. Both of you go to marriage counseling.

4. Get in touch with criminal advocate and make a foolproof strategy.

5. Call their parents and have a meeting with elders and record the proceedings.

6. Finally file for divorce showing mental cruelty.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     15 April 2013

Although, audio or viedo recording alone is no eveidence in eyes of law unless corroborted with any documentary evidence or oral witness, I agree with the other suggestion made to you above. The same is because your advocate can utilise the same depending on your circumstances.

If both of you have failed to reconcile, you can have either divorce by mutual consent or contested divorce. If there is no mutual consent for divorce, you will have to file petition for contested divorce on the grounds of cruelty.

In turn she may file complaint againt you under section 498A of IPC for dowry harassment and under DV act to harass you. For the same you need to be mentally prepared as finally you may become free of such baseless charges, but while court proceddings are going on you will have to attend the court except for dates you get exemption from personal appearance.

Goutam Prasad

Advocate

Supreme Court of India

Mob: 9810753838

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

Sai Krishna (partner)     15 April 2013

Dear Respected Sirs,

As Mr.anand explained , even mine marriage also the same problem , i got married in 2011 june , my problem is more than that she  cut his hand and telling that i write a sucide note - my death is because of you , and there parents came to my home and warned us and his  brother came to hit me . what can i do in this case .

even i want file a case under mental harass & cruelty. but my only doubt is if i filed the case and after that they filed for 498A - should i and my parents need to got arrest , how can i proceed .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More