LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitha (office assistant)     02 November 2012

Divorce

I have filed for divorce on May2012 as my husband was avoiding me both physically and mentally and also was alcoholic .In addition mil issues were also there. He didnt appear for the 1st sitting n a new date was given. On the 2nd sitting he came and we were sent to a counsellor. he said he wants to save the marriage although he denied all the accusations. Even though I was adamant on my decision, th e counselor gave 1 more counselling to rethink. On oct29th he again did not appear. Now on dec 13th , its going as a case. if he continues to not appear in the hearing, what to do? how can i speed up the divorce. his intention is not saving marriage , just keep delaying the case so that i wont be able to have a new life.

Kindly advice what to do?

Learning

4 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     02 November 2012

You have not stated for how long you are married . A contested divorce takes years for a judgement . As he is aware that you want to start a new life hence he is behaving in that manner . Talk it out with him and try to go for Mutual consent divorce where in both agree to the terms and conditions .

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     02 November 2012

file MCD  selling ur disputes, is the only best, fastest, cheapest and easy way out. 

nitha (office assistant)     02 November 2012

I have been married for 6 years. 2010 i left his house and stayed separate for 6 months. after talks from priest side, it was decided that i will go on weekends to stay with him.Even when i went like that, he avoided me and his mil was trying to create misunderstanding between us and to separate us.By dec 2011 i stopped going again.

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     02 November 2012

Best option is out of court settlement and filing MCD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register