LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAY KUMAR (ACCOUNTANT)     01 April 2012

Divorce

If girl get second marriage without given divorce to her 1st husband can she claim her share in husband property and what we take a legal action and fir against girl.

Learning

6 Replies

SUNIL KAMBLE (Quality)     01 April 2012

HI, 

Need serious help on this issue. ( engagement).

Let me introduce myself my name Sunil Kamble age 27yrs from mumbai.

There is whole lot to tell i m cutting in short.

On Sept 5 2010 my engagment was done. The relationship between both the family was not goining good. Still my mom went and fixed the date for marriage looking at the girl. the date was fixed 5 may 2011. My father used to call them continous in the month of feb for the booking of house they didn't responded to our call stating we r busy these days... and told u go ahead and book the hall...so my dad book the hall and gave all the money in cash ...now afwhen my father called them they turned up saying why so expensive hall..and we will not pay the half money...my mom got angry and called them stating we are not ready for the marriage ....after that they never turned up for 4 months in august we rcvd a call from police to meet them.. a whole lot of drama was created there my father and mother got scared and gave a written statment of getting marriage before the end of Dec 2011.

I was not happy with all this ad was not ready for this marriage.. i told them.. they felt sorry for this and were asking for forgiveness and to get married...but i felt its better not to get in relation ship so my parents on 10th march 2012 went at the palce of third party were all the proposal was fixed and told them, we are not ready for the marriage and ready to pay the expense... but a group of people arrive there and started fihthing with them by parents were physically assaulted and then police were called ...told us to settle down...

My parents were not in  good mind frame and told yes to whatever they demand...the total money demanded were 85000rs till 1st april 2012 

The problem is because of the above seen my mom was admitted in hospital for 5 days fo hypertensiona and stone problem also and our savings went there...we  are not in the state of paying them at this point of time...

ITS A BIGGEST PROBLEM OF MY LIFE...NEED GUIDENESS ON THE STEPS TO BE TAKEN ...

PLS HELP

THANK YOU. 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     01 April 2012

If it is so then first husband has to file a divorce petition on the ground of second marriage of the girl.

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     01 April 2012

Vijaykumar and Sunil Kamble both have different querries in this string.  It is better Mr.Sunil you start a new discission separately instead of putting your problem in Vijaykumar discussion.  This will get better attention.

Well, to the querry of Mr.Vijaykumar.... Dear tell me UR interested on behalf of the girl who married 2nd without diverse to the 1st husband.. isnt it?  Forget about claiming share in 1st husband property.  First get the divorce from the 1st husband to save the 2nd marriage.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 April 2012

Vijay,

The wife can be punished for bigamy and also you can get divorce on this ground.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 April 2012

Sunil,

This problem can not only be sorted out by paying compensation.

When you were not interested in marriage, why you kept giving new dates always.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 April 2012

Dear Vijay Kumar

if the girl marry with another person without taking divorce from first husband, the first husband has right to file a criminal case against both of them under bigomy or adultry. he can also file a declaration suit before the court to declare null and void the second marriage.

feel free to call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register