Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailaja (admin)     04 March 2012


Igot married on june 2010 my wife lived with me for 10 months and then left for her mother house without any reason and never came back now she claims for a compensation of 4 lakhs and threatens to give the  money or not she will go to the court i am helpless because i do not have enough money to pay the dues please help


 15 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

If things are not settled mutually, then lawyers would be a wee bit richer.


Better negotiate and end it before reaching courts.





Shonee Kapoor

3 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     05 March 2012

Dear Shailaja

as you inform that the she refuse to live with you without any reason then no need to worry, wait and watch, if she threaten to you and demand money, you can file a criminal case against her for extortion u/s 383-384 IPC

feel free to call

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     05 March 2012

you  can fight out the  case  wich she may file 


Dear sir,

Kindly feel free to discuss the matter with me on 9842197857 and get proper legal advise in your case.

james bhatti (Advocate)     05 March 2012

I do not agree with Mr. Kapoor. He has no experience of such plight as you have. Wife has turned your life in to hell.


My advise is to file a petition under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act for Restitution of Conjugal Rights. This section tell that you want to keep and maintain your wife though she have left her matrimonial house without your consent. The Court will pass an order against her to join you.

And then still she does not join you, she cannot claim any maintenance. Make haste do not wast even a single moment in it.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 March 2012

I don't want to respond to personal attack.


But as I see RCR is a waste of time, money and energy. I have written an article about the same and quoted multiple places. No lawyer has been able to legally claim other than what I stated.


Shonee Kapoor
PS: 99% matrimonial matters are settled mutually. Wise Settle the same in 6 months, fools in 6 years.
3 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 March 2012


james bhatti


Dear sir, 

what would u suggest if = 

498a / DV pops up after filing petition u/s 9 ??

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 March 2012

@ Shonee Kapoor


I have written an article about the same


kindly post the article.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 March 2012

99% matrimonial matters are settled mutually. Wise Settle the same in 6 months, fools in 6 years.


Husbands & their families are being fooled by gender-biased laws.

I see great prospectus for psychiatrists in India !!

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 March 2012

Hey -

Lawyers too

How did i forget that !

cm jain sir (ccc)     06 March 2012

Mr james you are wrong here. He sholud settle the issue mutually as he is not so financially strong otherwise all his money will go in pockets of lawyer and police.

Appreciate the final qoute of Mr Shonee: "wise settles the matrimonial issues in 6 months!"

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 March 2012



The same article is posted at:




Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 March 2012

cm_jain sir,


This is the reality of life in courts. Everywhere from the police station to trial court to family court to appeals, everywhere court tries for reconcilation/ settlement.





Shonee Kapoor

2 Like (def)     07 March 2012

And most f reconciliation cells are EXTORTION-CELLS;(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query