LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     31 January 2011


can a couple get divorce with mutual consent only after 6 months of marriage?

Kindly clarify......


 5 Replies

pramod (lawyer)     31 January 2011

plz clarify whether the party is hindu, or christian and which state?

Rajiv (Senior Consultant)     31 January 2011

Yes, they can get divorce, if they file a joint affidavit of breakdown of marriage. The mandatory 6 months period can be waived off. There is also a Delhi HC authority -  a judgement by Hon. Justice Mudgal to your help.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     31 January 2011

NO, only SC can waive out in exceptional circumstances, that too a rarity.

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     01 February 2011

Divorce petition cannot be filed within in one year of marriage. The proposed latest amendment is that the same is extended to three years. Rarest of the rare case is different from facts and circumstances of a case. In no event the petition filed withn the one year will be entertained.

neel (self)     01 February 2011

"The proposed latest amendment is that the same is extended to three years."


This proposal is already rejected long time back.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query