LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod (executive)     23 December 2010


Dear All,

Please guide me on getting divorce. In-laws and wife are very greedy. They are after my money and marriage has happened just for that reason only. Having such a small family with me and mother. In-laws interfares a lot in homely matters. I even have lost my job due to mental instability. No other person is earning.  I want to proceed for divorce. I know I will get hit by 498a etc. but want my mother on safer side.


1. Should my mother disown me from all properties and monies? Nothing is in my name and also there is no bank balance.

2. Living apart from mother in a rented house. Will this be helpful for any allegation made on mother?

3. Wife is pregnant and am not in a hurry to proceed. Some people have advised not to approach the court first and let her do what she want to do.

4. What are the complications with 498a etc. Some one said it is nothing and be agressive to fight it back.

5. What will be the life after I will get hit by 498a etc?

6. What will be the normal litigations costs for getting the bail initially and for fighting the case.?

7. How the maintenance will be decided for wife and kid as I am jobless now? As jobless, can it go against me in courts?


 3 Replies

Vinod (executive)     23 December 2010

Please help...its urgent..not able to tolerate anymore

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     25 December 2010


                   Consider the 3rd point you cited.

Vinod (executive)     26 December 2010

Sir, thanks for your reply.  I know that now kid is involved and thats why I am worried (myself having a heart of human not of a beast) but not able to tolerate the cruelty of wife and in-laws. My family (me and mother) is shattered. Threats are there from in-laws. Lost my job due to mental instability. Things are getting worse day by day. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register