LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu Priya   20 July 2020

divorce

hlo I was married 16 Feb 2020 my husband demand huge amount of money as he is having big loans he and his Father continuesly make pressure to give salary as I m working in govt sector for saving realtionship I agree now from 2 month he started making allegations on me why ur male staff came to our why they give u gifts and why u r toking to ur male boss why u r going for shopping he torcher me mentally I want divorce can I get divorce before one years of my marriage

Learning

6 Replies

Shashi Dhara   20 July 2020

Apply for divorce ,it depends on your husband's decision ,if he agrees you get easy divorce if not you have to contest with evidence ,so keep collected evidences .

Bikram Singh   20 July 2020

one year seperation is required at the time of filing of divorce

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 July 2020

Originally posted by : Anu Priya
hlo I was married 16 Feb 2020 my husband demand huge amount of money as he is having big loans he and his Father continuesly make pressure to give salary as I m working in govt sector for saving realtionship I agree now from 2 month he started making allegations on me why ur male staff came to our why they give u gifts and why u r toking to ur male boss why u r going for shopping he torcher me mentally I want divorce can I get divorce before one years of my marriage

@ Anu Priya,

You r just mrd hnc u r rqird 2 adjt n reconcile with ur in-laws.

Foget abt dvrs.s stated by antr rspndt.

How did you like SMS language ? What did I save ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 July 2020

Query: I want divorce can I get divorce before one years of my marriage  

Reply:  N O 

(Guest)
Hi,

A divorce by mutual consent will be a good option but looking at your husband's behaviour, he might not agree for the same.
The law does not preclude you to file a divorce petition within 1 year of marriage provided that it is a case of exceptional hardship or exceptional depravity, but this being a question of fact will depend from case to case.
Unilaterally, cruelty can be a ground, but it too being a question of fact, will depend on facts and circumstances.
You can also seek Judicial Separation. Then it will be longer necessary for you to live with your husband. If there is no resumption of cohabitation after 1 year of decree of JS, then this can also become a ground for divorce.
The most important question is you have to decide what exactly do you want from this relationship as criminal options are also open for you.

Regards,
Abhishek Tiwari

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     26 July 2020

I Agree with Dr J C Vashista sir. Happy marraiges needs great understandings and compromises. . Discuss with elders have a counselling from your best friend. Divorce is not the answer for all petty issues

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register