LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rathi Divs   22 July 2019


I am going to apply my divorce on
the high court...but I need my jewelry which my mother gave it for my wedding...but my husband denying the jewelries ...but I need my divorce soon also my jewelry what's the solution sir..thanks

 1 Replies

sneha jaiswal   05 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

Yes, you can get back your jewellery as it is your Shreedhan. Wife is entitled to get back her streedhan, given to the husband at the  time of marriage, under Section 19(8) of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act even after the divorce or dissolution of the marriage.

Hope it helps

Sneha Jaiswal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query