LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Singh   26 October 2018

divorce

I was married to a girl whom i didn't want to marry due to family pressure, i told the girl to withdraw but she didnt. we have not been living together since marriage but still my wife doesnt want to give me divorce and also doesnt want to live with me can anyone help me in this matter please.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     26 October 2018

Dear querist,

You have not mentioned when you got married and time period of not living together, if period of separation is more than 2 years then you file for divorce under desertion and cruelty.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Kuldeep Singh   26 October 2018

i got married on 16th april 2016 n since then i have not been living with my wife as i am a central government employee n my wife is in state government

vinay_2431 (engineer)     27 October 2018

extend till seven years , seven years of seperation is valid ground for divorce.

Rgds,

Vinay.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 October 2018

It is 2 years and not 7 years (as stated by one respondent who is ignorant about law) from the date of separation (Section 13(1)(ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Did you have physical relation since the day you got married ? If not, seek annulment of marriage and not divorce.

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses, guidance and proceeding.

I am practicing in Delhi/NCR, if you feel may contact me (on appointment) at: Chamber No 647, 6th Floor, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi-110075 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com Cell # 9891152939

Muhammad Saeed   07 February 2021

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. stool

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register