LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce

I need a advice from all esteemed members...I got married 6 months ago and after some minor alterations with my wife she has started living with her parents and refuses to be back.........what are the options available to me to proceed for divorce as all other ways to resolve the differences have failed. Its only 6 mths after marriage can I apply for seperation in court If yes would request you to help me with the procedure..........If she do not return back for a continuous period of one year will divorce be granted or will it need to be contested.

Learning

1 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     16 April 2010

6 months of marriage is too short a period for a couple to get adjusted with each other and to understand enough each other to continue the journey till end.  You youself say those were trivial altercations.  When you have that maturity to accept that they were trivial altercations why you want to boost up egos and ruin a relationship? 

Before 1 year a divorce petition will not be entertained in the courts.  And even after 1 year if you wife is not willing for divorce the matter will get contested and it might take a very long  consuming both of your valuable time in life.  Be wise.  Try to settle differences and lead a happy life.  There is no successful marriage without compromises and adjustments - EGO is the deadly enemy in family relationships.  Conquer it for your own good it will only gain you respect in future from your wife.  Best wishes. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register