25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s shukla shukla (employee)     28 February 2010



i got divorce from my first wife in 1996 but district court cancelled decree.i appealed in high court who gave decision in my favour and maintained decree of divorce passed by lower court in 1996.i got married with second wife in 2002 who also took expartie divorce in 2008 and filed a case of bigamy.what legal remedies are available for me.kindly help me


 2 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     28 February 2010

Clarify when the high court has confirmed the lower court order, whether it is before or after the solemnisation of second marriage. If the second marraige  is solemnised, after conformation of the lower court order by the High Court, then in that case, bigamy does not attract.

s shukla shukla (employee)     28 February 2010


decree of divorce of first marriage by lower court-year 1996

district court canceled decree in the year-1998

appeal filed in highcourt-1998

second marriage-year 2002

highcourt confirmed lower court order -in feb 2008

divorce from second wife-april 2008(not because of bigamy reason)

case of bigamy filed by second divorcee wife-may 2008

please help me with necessary rulings

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query