LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More



Dear all

 i want to know that if divorce case is on court by husband and 498a and DV cases by wife but they start living together beacuse of councling session but both are not widdthdrawing cases and new dates are taken by both than what is the futre of that cases.?

will cases be dismissed autometically 

can these cases have same intesnity if the couple or one of them dines to live together even after an year.?


 9 Replies


Please Reply 

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     02 June 2016



Better not to appear and get them dismissed for want of the prosecution. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 



but we dont want to get them dismissed. it means we have to appear on every date ?


So both of U are inclined to take revenge on each other.Better suggestion would be to settle everything amicably without running to courts spending time and money.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 June 2016

If both are determined to end the relation then for what you both have agreed to live together after counselling. take sainath sirs advice


no sir this is nothing like that.

actually it is not my case. it is in my family. the girl family is very shrewd and they filed all the false cases after filing divorce case. as the girl is not mentally fit and this fact was hidden at the time of marrige. she is schizophrenic. 

the spouce only lived together for 2.5 months nad the disput stareted. 

boy filled divorce but the girl family is not cooperating even not acceptiong that this is schizophrenic they just want to give there schizophrenic's daughter's responsibilty to a innocent man. 

the boy is totally in shock that what has happned to him and due that stress he is diagnosed wid diabities without any family history.

the case is running since last 4 yeras but no conclusion came out as the girl family know that we cant get her marry agin due to her mental conditions.

the girl is getting 20 k as a compensation they dont have any probllem in running the case as girls father is retired and have lot of time but they r doing totally wrong.

so finally the boy has brought her back during the counslling session and getting her treated by the bset doctore but still they r not taling any case back.

the boy has puzzeled and now hopeless.

so if they live together thn thr is a chance to dismiss the cases.


At the outset it is not UR case,what made U hide the actual facts in the first post.Now U R comming up with a new story,is it not wasting the time of  legal experts?

Mrs. Bakshi (Social Studies Reader/Worker)     05 June 2016

You dont have any work?  Why are u wasting time here?


first of all i never said that it is me u can read that my first thread.

second it is my family matter 

The girls family is very shrwed and the girl is psyhiatric and that fect was hidden at the time of marrige but soon after marrige it came out due to her nature.

she never wanted to live wid her husband and left for her parents house fater 2.5 months. thn boy fild divorce after two yeras of marriage an in that duration they only live together for 3 months.

the girl became pregment to very first day of there meeting and dilivred a boy exactly after nine months of marrige.

but whn the boy filed divirce her parents file many other caeses aginast the boy so he has to take case back but the boy agian filed the case and the girls agin filed all the cases.

Now in DV case on feb 20 2016 the judge counciled that it is boy's responsibility to get her treadted so the boy again took her back and getting her treated but both partied havnot widdthrwan the cases.

the boy is not at all happy but what can be done now


plese help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query