LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SWATI   10 April 2016

Divorce

I have a maid working in my house. She was seperated from her husband's house 6 years back alongwith her 2 children. Now her husband is in relationship of another lady and is going to marry her. The maid has filed a case on her husband recently but her husband doesn't come to court during hearing. The court and Police are not doing anything in favour of the maid. Husband has huge property.

The maid doesn't want divorce. She wants to stay alongwith her husband but he refuses. What should she do ?  Kindly advice me so that I can tell her.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     10 April 2016

Situation is really pathetic, but still we have to get on with, your query is not clear on nature of case lodged with police, if it is case of adultery, accused presence may be taken care of by his counsel during proceedings, if she has filed domestic violence case still his presence will be taken care during proceedings. So there is no need to bother about accused or respondent adsence in the court.room.Asking on remedy i advise the later one will be good, it serve purpose to a larger extent, if she is still  contemplating.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 April 2016

Please tell us the case thats been filed against her husba5

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 April 2016

Please tell us the case thats been filed against her husband

SWATI   10 April 2016

The case filed was of domestic violence. 

Anand   10 April 2016

Our of curiousity is it even possible to remarry (I'm not asking about the legality) if wife #1 didn't give divorce. Wouldn't the marriage bureau know and ask "Sir you are already married. We cannot register your marriage to wife #2 without divorce on wife #1?"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register