LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs. Bhavna (Housewife)     09 October 2015

Divorce

I got married to my husband in 2007 we have been staying together since. We have a son whos age is 6 but my husband drinks alcohol a lot...he doesnt care about me hesitates to take me out and never listens to me...sometimes in the past he has even raised a hand on me...i want to get seperated but i have no income my father also passed away no siblings...my husband dnt let me finish my studies im only 12th pass. What should i do? I told my husband ill take divorce he started laughing and said "you have no income and beta mere pass hi rahega kyunki u cant afford for his upbringing jo karna hai karle." Please guide me in this

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 October 2015

@author, file a case against your husband and also for divorce and maintainence for you and your child.  consult a senior lawyer of your area for the purpose.

Mrs. Bhavna (Housewife)     10 October 2015

Can i do that?? I heard that if wife files for divorce she doesnt get alimony or maintainence??

Sumit Nandvani (Advocate)     10 October 2015

Hi Bhavna ji, Yes u can do. You dont worry abt income coz its ur right to get monthly maintenance from ur husband. And u can file suit for custody of u r child. If u have other query abt that then plz contact me. Sumit Nandvani Advocate 8826550368

A walk alone (-)     12 October 2015

First think what you really want if u want to save marriage then help your husband in gaining will power to quit alcohol. There are many centre which can help you. It will be better for you and your child . If you want divorce then leave him and first file maintenance case like crpc125 dv etc. At last file divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register