LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JATINDER SINGH (maths master)     19 May 2015


Can i have divorce soon because my wife is not living with me from more than two years but she does not to divorce


 6 Replies

Rohit Krishan Naagpal (Advocate)     19 May 2015

Mr Singh

Divorce is complex process ! If both of you have decided to end ur marrige then you both can go for Mutual consent divorce which will take 6+ months otherwise in contested divorce takes time as per pendency in the court.


saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 May 2015

agreeing with adv case if she is not agreeing for mcd then as you had asked you can file a petition for contested divorce  on grounds of desertion.the desertion got to be wilful desertion and you must have made several attempts to bring her back to the matrimonial home for which she must have got to provide proofs for these if you want to claim divorce

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     20 May 2015

I agree with above experts.  It is better to file divorce from your side under the ground of desertion and non conjugal enjoyment.  Appoint a good lawyer. You will get divorce even if your wife does not give her consent. But it may take 3 to 4 years.

JATINDER SINGH (maths master)     20 May 2015

Actually i am already harrased from 7 years 8th is going so i need only this advice that her father is not social human being he is the main culprit who negatinely supports her and destroying the lives of ours both and also they are so egomatic that if one someone tries to approach them from my side they become more if i file divorce then it is ok she does not give but can court challenge her to move with me or leave me actually because she is saying that she will not marry again and neither let me to marry, i need that whether she may live with me or otherwise leave me permanently

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2015

Instead of wasting anymore time for her return or to change her mood to live with your amicably or to give a divorce on mutual consent, better to file a divorce case yourself immediately on the grounds of desertion and cruelty. Consult a local lawyer and move the things. 

JATINDER SINGH (maths master)     25 May 2015


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register